• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect Tablet: Limit?
I've connected my main Android tablet to
- another identical one
- a smaller Android one
- a Windows notebook

Now I've tried to connect it to another Windows computer which didn't work (no bluetooth available shown in MS although BT works fine in Windows) and to a Raspberry Pi running Android which shows the group on the main tablet but won't connect.

Is there a limit on the nuimber of a connected group?

Or should I check/change something else?

Thank you very much.
With bluetooth, the limit can differ between every device (it depends on the hardware). Some devices only allow three simulatenous bluetooth connections while others allow seven. The maximum number possible is seven though, as that is a limitation of the bluetooth hardware itself. Connecting to a pedal or any accessory also consumes one of those connections, so keep that in mind.

Mike
I should also add that there is no limit when using WiFi.

Mike
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

After removing one device I was able to connect a new one.

Would it be a possibility to have

- 1 device as master and connect several other devices
- have another device as master (which is also a slave in the first configuration) with other slaves?

Wifi is not an option as we usually don't bring our own router to locations and I really don't want to connect every tablet to all the different networks.
No, that's not currently supported. Having one device act as a "psuedo-leader" that is still a follower of another leader would take a considerable number of changes, as the feature is not currently designed to have two concurrent connections from which it needs to manage all of the messages. Things also would get messy with the handling of the leader options with the psuedo leaders.

As far as the router issue, I've used my phone as a wifi hotspot with multiple devices and it functioned perfectly fine. Can you not do this? Having internet connectivity doesn't matter at all for this.

Mike
I'll give that a try.

Thank you very much!
Wifi does indeed work with more devices with one exception:

The group would not show on a Boox e-ink device even after waiting for several minutes.

Another tablet which I tried to connect after worked fine, so I indeed hadn't reached any limit.
You can use the direct connection option - just enter the IP address of the leader device on the BOOX tablet and it should connect.

Mike
Tried that but "...could not connect".
That's really strange - I'm not sure I can explain that unless the BOOX is interfering with the TCP connection in some way.

Mike