• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylus button behaviour changed?
I think the stylus behaviour has changed recently.

Normally, pressing and holding the button would change to Eraser mode, and then back to the previous tool when released. What happens now, is that the Eraser tool remains selected, and another button press is required to switch back to the previous tool.

I tested this on 3 Android devices, and they all behave the same.

The behaviour on Windows is as expected.
I received a request from a user in June with the following information:

When activating air actions, it seems to be interfering with the pen button. When air actions are disabled, holding the button enables the eraser, and releasing it switches back to whatever was active before. However, upon activating air actions, this behaviour vanishes. Holding the button enables the eraser, but raising the pen disables the eraser. Now I have to press the pen button TWICE for the eraser to be enabled again. The function behaves weirdly generally.
I have tried enabling air actions, but disabling all possible button functions (like "holding the button", or "double press") to no avail.
For now I have disabled air actions, but it would be nice for both to work. Could you provide me with a combination of settings which could get it to work/introduce a fix in the upcoming updates?

To which I responded:

I've modified the logic for the next update so that, if air actions are enabled, if you press the stylus button, the stylus tool is selected, but it won't revert back to the previous tool until you press the stylus button again. The reason there was some odd behavior is due to having to support older S-Pens that don't support air actions with air actions which are detected and processed through a completely separate mechanism. The older s-pens operate in a very strange fashion and have to be processed in a weird way

So you are correct, I did change the logic to prevent that problem. The current behavior is what it's going to need to be to prevent potential problems. You can disable air actions if they are currently enabled and it should work properly (if you press while the button is held, it will erase, otherwise it will write).

Mike
Thanks for clarifying, Mike. I disabled Air actions (I don't use them anyway) and all seems OK now. Tested on S10 Tab Ultra, S7+Tab, and S24 Ultra.
Glad to hear that!

Mike