• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android KitKat, External SD Card support
Just wondering if anyone on hear is aware of the Google Android development via KitKat that has effectively stopped the use of an External SD Card with Android tablets as KitKat no longer lets files be written to or renamed on an external SD Card.

I have a large number of PDF copies of sheet music which I have been happily using within Mobilesheets, but as of the last few weeks when my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" tablet updated to KitKat I can no longer add any new files to the Mobilesheets database which is stored on my external 32Gb SD card.
I have a sense of deja vu. Check out this topic - http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...8&pid=2154 - you might well find an answer there.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I have changes coming for this in version 5.0.0. You will be able to use an external SD card, but there are certain restrictions. Files can be read from anywhere on the external SD card, but files can only be written to an application specific directory for MobileSheets. The "Set Removable Storage Location" dialog has changes so that it can automatically populate the right directory for the external SD card when running KitKat.

Mike
I've not had any problems using an external SD card on KitKat with MobileSheets, I can install the sheets to whatever directory I wish. However, I initially had problems when it refused to do so when using the Companion but after restoring the library from the file located on the tablet itself it was fine.
I just got a new Samsung 12.2 tab, same issue. It's not rooted so I haven't tried the "fix/workaround" yet. I'm hoping the new version can help us.