• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
page range
Hi Mike,

Thanks for all your efforts for getting an update so quickly after the previous one. I haven't tested the companion app yet, but discovered serious issues with page ranges. Creating new ones and inspecting existing ones lead to strange results. Please see screen copy which actually is one page, page 10 of 18 pages in total.

This wasn't the case in the previous versions. Maybe you can have a look. If you need more input please let me know.

Cheers, daLooney

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,

I'm not sure when this happened (perhaps since updating to 3.7?) but for several songs to which I've added link points, I can't see them anymore. I know they are still in the songs, because if I click approx. where I remember putting them, they will take me to the indicated page. But I no longer see the colored spot for either the source or destination point, either when I view the page, or when I click the spot. They still show in the Links list.

As a test, I deleted all of the links for a song and then re-created them, and these new links do show as before, in their various colors.

Can you think of a reason why the links would have gone invisible?

(And while we are talking about link points: it would be great if there was some way to fine tune the position of the source & destination points after a link has been created. It's hard to get them in the right spot sometimes with a finger tap.)
Hi Mike, many thanks for the update 3.8. I especially like the new feature to not always display the page bar. About the issue I reported earlier, it's still there but I know how to reproduce:
1. Add new song
2. Add a pdf (multiple pages for example the pdf I mailed you)
3. Choose 1 page (this is important) for example startpage=9, endpage=9
4. Everything looks OK
5. Save the file
6. Edit the song
7. If the pdf is 17 pages, the next wrong values will be displayed:
Page 1/17
Page Range 9-25

The bug only appears selecting 1 page in a pdf. I hope you will be able to reproduce and fix.

When saving the file there is still the fast error message of which I sent a screen copy. It was also reported by somebody else.

I don't use it, but on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 the metronome is not correct. The beats are not exactly in time.

One little suggestion to make your app more intuitive for new users:
- The buttons at the bottom look greyed out, not clickable (however they are). I think the audio button should be greyed out when no song has been selected.

Anyway, I love mob shts and use it every day.

Cheers,
DaLooney
Hi DaLooney,

I was a little rushed to get something out to fix the 4.2 bug that was crashing all of the Nexus 7 & 10 users, so I apologize for missing these. I'll probably work towards a small v3.9 release to fix the remaining issues like this. Thanks for the information on reproducing it - that should help a lot.

As for the metronome, I'll have to check this again. The timing was messed up several updates ago, so I tried to revert to the original way it worked, but I may have missed something.

All of the buttons come from icons that Google supply with their SDK. I was trying to be consistent with the look and feel they provided. I thought it seemed fairly intuitive that the buttons are more like radio buttons - only one can be active at a time, and the selected one is turned orange. I can disable the audio button though - this might help eliminate confusion.

Thanks!
Mike
Mike thanks for your speedy response! All things I mentioned are not urgent at all. Every file is stored, all ranges are stored correctly. Just saw the new conversion option, will give it a try (like the idea of having several versions of one song stored under one name).

About the buttons, I agree they should be as intuitive as possible. Also with setlists and annotations there are many buttons to click. Sometimes less is more.
The idea of a non clickable audio button (with a tooltip explaining why) is probably little dev effort and cleans the interface. To add to that, after clicking the annotation or options button, none of the switches is orange anymore although something has been selected. OK I will stop for now..

Cheers,
DaL