• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error sending database
When I try to connect to the Companion, I get the following error:

Error sending database to PC: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheets/files/mobilesheets.db (No such file or directory)

The directory does exist, but there is no .db file in there, only my png's.
MobileSheets itself does work fine, and I have made a backup.

Edit: The device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1N, Android 3.2
I will have to push another update to fix this and any other issues that may pop up due to my attempt to relocate the database file. My goal is to allow multiple people to share a database, meaning you could potentially sync up multiple tablets using the cloud or a network share. Moving the database to the sd card was the first part of this, but something didn't work correctly. Thanks for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience.

Mike
Where can I actually find the database file on my device in, say, AndExplorer?

The Galaxy Tab does not have a removable storage slot, "/sdcard" points to the internal storage.
USB sticks and/or SD cards can be mounted using an adapter.
Well, the point of v3.9 was to move the database to /sdcard/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheets/files/mobilesheets.db. Unfortunately, as everyone is now aware, I did not do a very good job testing that change on multiple tablets. The quick fix reverts back to "internal storage" which is hidden from file explorers. Unless you have a rooted device, you will not have access to the database
Thanks for the response.
Hi, I'm a new user (nice app by the way).
I got the same err msg, so I installed the latest Companion update.
Still happening.
Any ETA for the fix?
Thx.
Sometime this week. I'm guessing I won't have the proper time to test everything until Saturday, but if I can get it done sooner, I will.
Updated my system yesterday and all is well. Thanks.