• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets v4.0 Released
It's been a pretty crazy week for me, and I unfortunately caused a lot of excitement (in a bad way) for a lot of my users with v3.9. In the future, I promise I will do everything I can to prevent this kind of incident again. I'd much rather delay updates for testing than to potentially mess up people's performances. I want to apologize again for any of the problems I may have caused you all. I also appreciate the users that didn't immediately go on Google Play and leave me a one star review. Having your support really makes all the difference. I will continue to do everything I can to make MobileSheets a top-notch product, even if there are a few stumbles along the way.

With that out of the way, I'm happy to say that I have an update that should fix the errors caused with v3.9. This update is going to attempt to move the library database file again, but this time, it will correctly handle any potential errors during this process and revert automatically if needed. I have had several users test this update besides myself, so I'm fairly confident that no more issues will arise. As always, and this is *VERY IMPORTANT*, please make a backup before applying any update to MobileSheets. Also make a backup before applying Google OS updates. This is just a good safe practice, and will ensure that your library can always be restored if needed. Once this update is in place, the next step will be to allow multiple tablets to share a database and files hosted on cloud storage like Dropbox.

The changes for v4.0 are as follows:

-The database is now properly being moved to the SD card
-The freeform smoothing now defaults to none. This can be adjusted in the draw settings popup window.
-The freeform smoothing spinner's last value is now properly saved and restored
-Fixed connection issue to companion app due to invalid database path
-Fixed issue with selection not being restored when returning to library after loading song
-Fixed crash at startup affecting Android 2.2 users

If any issues do arise after updating, please contact me at mike@zubersoft.com for assistance.

Mike
Great and thanks Mike Wink
Excellent.