• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standard + Pro use the same storage folder?
Is it possible to have the Standard and Pro versions both on the same tablet, both using the same folder as their storage folder?

And/or a related question:
Is there some way to load a file structure and database from the old Standard version, into Pro, and be able to preserve the directory/subfolder structure in which the PDF files were stored in Standard? A backup from Standard, restored into Pro, puts all the PDF's into a single folder, without subfolders.
Or, is there a way to move a bunch of files into new subdirectory, and re-point MSPro, without having to "swap PDF" on each individual song/file?

thx
If you choose the option to "Restore to Original Locations" in the "Restore Library from Backup" dialog, does it not put the files in the same exact location MS had them? If that's not working correctly, then I will need to look into it.

Mike
(04-21-2015, 06:08 PM)Zuberman Wrote: If you choose the option to "Restore to Original Locations" in the "Restore Library from Backup" dialog, does it not put the files in the same exact location MS had them?  If that's not working correctly, then I will need to look into it.

Mike

Mike, I did select "restore to orig locations", and I did previously set up the target folder, and the subfolders.  All the pdf's were unpacked into the target, and not "distributed" out the subfolders.

I'm sure there's lots to do and this isn't a show-stopper.  In due course it'd be nice to be able to "spread out" the almost 1000 pdf's into folders.  Maybe it turns into a way to select songs (setlists, genres, etc) and "move" the underlying pdf's to a specified folder location, bypassing/"batching" the individual "swap pdf" process.  It's easy enuf to move or copy pdf files with a file explorer or ftp utility.

***thanks for a terrific product***
Update-
It DID restore songs to their original folders when I used COMPANION to restore.

The other try, which put all the files into the top folder, I did this way:
- Transfer the .msb backup file onto the tablet
- From the app itself, settings> backup+restore> restore from backup

thanks-
Chris
Chris,

Oddly enough, when I tried to do this on my own tablet, restoring a backup and selecting "Original File Locations", it correctly created all directories and subdirectories for the songs in my backup file. I have no idea why it didn't work for you though. I'm glad the companion worked properly when you tried it, although it should be executing the exact same code as the tablet...

Mike
Thx Mike - good to know it's the same code. Go figure. My tablets/files are good now.
Great app - thx a million.