• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"One time" scrolling possible?
Question 
Hi

I'm struggling with the scrolling features in MSpro. My songs are all PDF files but from different sources and so they're very different in font size and layout of pages. Therefore in many cases it would be simply the best if I could just start one single action of vertical scrolling with my USB Pedal based on the defined amount (%) of Page and scroll speed from the settings. But I can't figure out how to get there.

Any idea if such a simple "one shot" is possible to get in the settings? As of my understanding  I can't replace "pause duration" through "and stop".
In terms of prompt "start of scrolling" I tried 0 seconds as time before scrolling starts but it didn't work.

Any hints would be appreciated very much.
One option would be to use the automatic scrolling feature to specify scroll speeds per song, and set up a pedal action to start/stop automatic scrolling. Set the automatic scrolling to have a 0 second delay before starting, and you should have what you want.
(05-01-2015, 06:15 AM)Zuberman Wrote: One option would be to use the automatic scrolling feature to specify scroll speeds per song, and set up a pedal action to start/stop automatic scrolling. Set the automatic scrolling to have a 0 second delay before starting, and you should have what you want.

Hi Mike
I tried various options now. Starting with no delay on my tablet seems to work best with setting "scrolling down" for the pedal.
But thus I have to stop on time to interrupt scrolling. On the other hand it unfortunately runs just until the end of the actual page and not until the end of the song (based on vertical scroll)
Predefined time and/or pauses are too fixed in some cases as such songs can vary very much in time due to inserted other elements (narration... repeats..) which sometimes comes up on the fly. So even multiple metronome speeds can't help.

A very elementary pedal controlled start/stop behaviour would fit such needs best. Such scrolling could just run with the defined percentage of a page and given speed. And simply could be restarted again ...  until the end of the song is reached. Maybe this could even work with a setlist.

I guess this could be very versatile and cover a vast range of special needs that might raise up out there, too.
Maybe this is already possible with some defined settings I just didn't realize? If not, do you think that could be feasible?
I don't think you quite understood what I was suggesting. One of the supported pedal actions is "start/stop automatic scrolling". You can configure far more options with automatic scrolling than you can with the pedal scrolling. I was suggesting you could leverage the automatic scrolling with the pedal to scroll a particular percentage and speed. You could then start/stop/restart as needed. Let me know if you already tried this and I'm mistaken.

Mike
(05-03-2015, 12:46 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I don't think you quite understood what I was suggesting. One of the supported pedal actions is "start/stop automatic scrolling". You can configure far more options with automatic scrolling than you can with the pedal scrolling. I was suggesting you could leverage the automatic scrolling with the pedal to scroll a particular percentage and speed. You could then start/stop/restart as needed. Let me know if you already tried this and I'm mistaken.

Mike

Hi Mike

Yes, I tried this. It was my very first attempt.
Starting let "starting in 1 sec" as set fade in and if scrolling started after 1 sec that was great as I could stop and start again. So far it was all I ever needed. But unfortunately sometimes it took a couple of seconds to start/restart and sometimes it didn't start/restart at all.
I fiddled around with the settings, especially with the antibeat settings as I (still) suspect the interaction of my pedal with my tablet but it didn't seem to change anything. I wondered if start/stop comes in conflict with the pause times set (some type of interference in the background) but didn't find any posts about such an issue in the forum.
With my further attempts I guess I did cause some more serious conflict somehow as now I can't open the song I've used for testing last at all anymore nor is it possible to delete it (I would just have imported it again - good to have a backup   Big Grin ).

On the other hand "scrolling down" worked wonderful and still works absolutely reliable so I came to the proposal I've made in my previous posting.