• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filtering on Key is not restrictive
The Key filter (working again in 1.1.5) filters on the leading substring only. For example, when I select key 'D' I also get 'Db', 'D#', 'Dm', and so on. Since all these can be simultaneously selected for filtering the current behaviour looks like a bug to me.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
The key filtering is text based and just looks for a song whose key field contains the given text. There are no restrictions on what values can be entered for Key (you could enter Z# if you wanted to). Due to this, searching for "D" will result in anything that matches D as you described. If filtering on just one key is desired, it's probably better to use the Keys dropdown.
I'm not sure I understand. I'm using the drow-down list for the Key filter on the song list screen.
See screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Okay, that's definitely a bug then. Thanks.
Just fixed this - the filtered list now reflects only what you've chosen and the filtering is much faster (major improvements to the filtering algorithm).
Thanks, Mike!
Johan
No, thank you! I appreciate the help more than you know.