• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.0.5 smooth scrolling broken - UPDATE 4.0.6 not quite right either
Latest version 4.0.5 seems to have messed up smooth scrolling with a bluetooth pedal. I reverted back to 4.0.3 and that fixed the problem. I did not update to 4.0.4 so don't know if the problem existed there or not.

Toshiba Thrive 10"
Landscape 1/2 page mode
Bluetooth pedal mode - Fixed length smooth scroll / turn page at end

I tried all of the smooth scroll options and none worked properly - it just jumped down a few lines but wasn't consistent. Sometimes did a couple of jerky jumps.

UPDATE: see my last post for a problem in the same area with 4.0.6 (3/7/2013)
I'm looking to this ASAP. I'm not really sure yet which change affected this, but I'll release a fix as soon as I can.
(03-01-2013, 11:19 AM)kayst Wrote: Latest version 4.0.5 seems to have messed up smooth scrolling with a bluetooth pedal. I reverted back to 4.0.3 and that fixed the problem. I did not update to 4.0.4 so don't know if the problem existed there or not.

Toshiba Thrive 10"
Landscape 1/2 page mode
Bluetooth pedal mode - Fixed length smooth scroll / turn page at end

I tried all of the smooth scroll options and none worked properly - it just jumped down a few lines but wasn't consistent. Sometimes did a couple of jerky jumps.

Semi-off-topic question: How exactly does one "revert" to a previous version of an Android app? I wasn't aware that this was an option. Does your tablet have to be rooted to allow this? (I also own a Toshiba Thrive, but not rooted.)

Thanks,
- Mike
I have a fix ready for this. I also fixed the half page turns to previous pages so that it doesn't jump suddenly from the top of the page to the bottom. I'll release an update tomorrow.
(03-02-2013, 05:49 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I have a fix ready for this. I also fixed the half page turns to previous pages so that it doesn't jump suddenly from the top of the page to the bottom. I'll release an update tomorrow.

Thanks so much, it's great to have an app that the developer is so responsive about. All of your users really appreciate this.

As for the other question about reverting to a previous version, I always back up my most important apps before updating, just in case something I rely on gets broken. You can use astro or es file explorer to back up, then just go to the backups folder and click on the apk file to restore it. In fact I'm using a very old version of astro because I hate the new one. I'm not rooted either.
(03-03-2013, 12:59 AM)kayst Wrote: I'm not rooted either.

With the es file explorer it works, if you configure it to be a root explorer. Then you have access to /system/apps
(03-02-2013, 05:49 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I have a fix ready for this. I also fixed the half page turns to previous pages so that it doesn't jump suddenly from the top of the page to the bottom. I'll release an update tomorrow.

OK, the forward page turns work now, but the backwards to previous page now go to the top of the previous page and stay there. When you said you were going to fix the jump problem I thought you meant that when you press the back pedal it would go directly to the bottom of the previous page instead of going to the top of the previous page and then jumping to the bottom. Now it goes to the top and just stays there. That's not what you meant to do, is it?

You know, if you would just go ahead and add smooth scrolling between pages this would all go away, Rolleyes

Sorry my bug report is so delayed - I only practice once a week, ha, ha.
I fixed it properly when half page turns are enabled, but probably messed it up when they aren't. I'll take a look at it again when I get a chance. Like you said - continuous vertical scrolling would take care of this, and that's what I'm trying to work on when I get free time.

Thanks,
Mike
Ref MobileSheetsBeta 1.0.5(6) - Smooth Scrolling Issue (Landscape Mode)
I have only 2 songs in my MobileSheets library, 1st is a 2-pager, 2nd has only one. When I activate "smooth scrolling to the end" on the 1st song, scrolling starts fine and at the end of the 1st pg, it abruptly jumps to the 2nd pg and instantly starts scrolling without any pause. Would prefer seeing 2nd page come up from the bottom as the 1st pg scrolls up. Also, at the end of the 2nd pg, it automatically jumps to the the 2nd 1-pg. song in the library, scrolls to the end, and halts. Smooth scrolling has gotten much better, but still isn't there yet. (also see similar post I wrote on Vertical Scrolling Thread which had different behavior).
Paul,

We have a dedicated subforum set up for the beta, so if possible, please report bugs there. I'll try to take a look at the scrolling behavior you are mentioning. Just to clarify - you did this with the vertical scrolling display mode right?

Mike