• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with duplicate songs in list
I'm doing a lot of back and forth between Noteworthy Composer on my PC and MobileSheets on my Azpen in order to load, update and reload my songs.  This seems to be the reason why I end up getting a lot of duplicates and even triplicates of songs in the songs tab.  I don't understand why this should happen given that a window pops up with the default as overwriting the previous file. 

I think I can avoid this problem by deleting a song before I reload an updated version, but I don't always remember to do this.  The problem is that I can't delete extraneous copies without losing them from their set lists.  Is there a way I can overwrite an earlier version of a song so I don't have this problem?

Thanks
You could do a "swap file" to replace the old content with the new.
Or if you set the storage location so it is somewhere you can "get at", you can just overwrite the old PDF with a new one.

Or you can edit the original song and delete the old file and add the new one
Are any of these recommendations something I can do now with the current duplicates?  I can use them in the future but I was hoping there would be a solution for now other than deleting them both, reloading and adding them once again to the setlist. 

Thanks
You can play with all of them, but.... make a backup first. Then...

Changing the storage location is probably the most work. If you were starting from scratch, then it's OK, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to move everything.

Swapping files or editing the original song and changing the file are both straight forward, but I don't think there is an easy way to use/find a file from another song. So you've probably just got to delete the new duplicate songs and edit the original ones.

Andy