• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please please help
hi all,

my name is paul, i recently purschased the pro versio of the app,

i love it, i use  it every day,

but in a nutshell, this is the problem i have:

i have 68 files, by various composers, if i want to look at one, i have to trawl through all 68 files, all in the "recent" page, assumably the first thing that opens when the app is started,

this is a very basic problem and i thing its become a bit of a mountain in my brain,

all i want to do is create a "folder" called bach, mozart, chopin etc, and put the releveant files into it, without duplicating them. 

for the life of me, i cant do it, i think the filing system is horriifc.

ii am new to android, amybe this is the problem

is there anyone in the uk who uses this that amybe i can call, me and mike have emailed each other time and time again, and i have been left frustrated.

Paul
Check settings>library settings>tab order>composers.

After loading them long press the title which checks a score. Select edit song at the top, use the plus next to the 'composer' to add the composer to the list.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Hi Paul,

the concept of organizing files in folders - like you are used to on your PC - doesn't reflect the  file management in MSP.
Imagine the app like a big book archive where each book is put into the shelf by date of purchase. The result is a big pile of books without any grouping by interests, titles, authors or whatever.
To find a specific book you have to use a catalog to identify this book by key words and attributes. Then the catalog will tell you the code for the location of the book and you can go to take it out of the shelf.

MSP works the same. To make it work you have to add key words and attributes as metadata to every file you have imported.
Then you can fiter the library based on those attributes (e.g. composer, if you have entered a composer to the metadata) and the app will show you all files that correspond to the selected attribute. In the beginning the classification of your files is quite time consuming but it helps enourmously to retreive your files in the end.
You can find the details on how to do that in the manual begining with p.10. Start there and when you get stuck I would be happy to aswer your specific questions if I can.

Kind regards,

Nachthorn