• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real good quality tabs (songs)
The high quality standards of MSP "inspire" me to try to only load well-made pdfs/songs on the tablet. Quite some efforts go into optimizing the tabs I find on sites like Ultimate Guitar. Some contributions on those sites are excellent but even they require editing, both contents and layout. After all, it does matter whether it is a D6 chord instead of a plain D! As to layout, e.g., I'm always colouring the chords in red so they're distingished from lyrics, easier reading. Anyway, swapping the final files with other maniacs would save all parties time, and the MSP libraries can grow faster, mine is 1700 now, it is optimized for singer-guitarists, chords in all verses not just the first verse, often a capo version in addition to the non-capo version (two guitars). Genre is primarily "Pop", from the 50ies until now, melodic rather than heavy stuff. Criterion is, it must be fun to play the song on an acoustic guitar. In this context it may be worth mentioning "Ron Sexsmith. This Canadian songwriter is represented with 135 songs in my MSP library. If you like "The Beatles" (243 songs...) and "The Kinks" (42), he's your man.

Anyone interested in exchanging pdfs that can be loaded into MSP immediately? It would probably begin with sending the list of the files. I understand the Companion can produce this list.

Ben