• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work on and Print out Charts With Annotations
Hello:

I know we had discussed this.  It would be nice to be able to print out charts (or save as pdf) with annotations.   That way I could give a chart with with my annotations to band members etc.

[On a separate note, it would also be nice to create annotations on the PC (Windows 10 or otherwise).]

Anything new in this area? (Now that Mobilesheets has been ported to Windows 10, do you pretty much already have the coding for this?).

I will be the first to say that the program is great as is.  But, if I have an idea, I figure I'd share it with you.

Thanks!

Jeff
I'll chime in since no one else has. I did start a thread on this topic, and I check each  update, hope springing eternal as it does. This feature would be so very welcome!
Doesn't MSP print the annotations as default?

I just tried a chart with annotations (just some text though) with "save as PDF". I have the issue that the spooler sometimes crashes, but the PDF is still saved and this had the annotations in it.

Did you try to save a chart with that lately?
I guess I am looking for a way to do it from in the Companion (on my PC). Maybe it can be done now by printed from the tablet? But, my tablet is not attached to a printer (or by wi fi).

I may be missing options that are available (or the options that are available may not be ideal for me).

Jeff
(01-04-2017, 02:22 AM)BRX Wrote: Doesn't MSP print the annotations as default?

I just tried a chart with annotations (just some text though) with "save as PDF". I have the issue that the spooler sometimes crashes, but the PDF is still saved and this had the annotations in it.

Did you try to save a chart with that lately?

I'm talking about performance notes for a particular set list. See attached 2 screenshots. These notes only pertain to the songs as used in that set list. The next set list may be for a different band, different arrangements, style, etc. In each performance I want to pass out sheets with the performance notes, plus some, none, or all of the sheet music.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

At some point I can work on porting the Windows 10 code to the companion app to show annotations. I'll have to implement printing support from scratch though as the API I used for the Windows 10 version isn't available in the language I used for the companion app, so it's definitely not going to be something that I can quickly add in.