• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
view setlist while viewing charts on larger screens
With some of us using much larger 16:9 screens on windows devices, there is a significant amount of wasted space in landscape mode that could be used to display the setlist to the left or right of the 2 displayed pages. It would even be great to have the "Pause Setlist for song" search filter at the top, which would eliminate half the steps needed to pull up requests in a live show. This would be extremely useful for quickly jumping between songs in a setlist and seeing which songs are coming up.

I would be happy to pay for this added functionality with a personal donation if it would be more persuasive.

Thanks Mike for considering this!
This would require a lot of Windows 10 specific changes, and I would have to add code to make sure the layout is dynamic. If you had the app full screen and the setlist window was displayed on one side, and then you resized the window enough that there was no longer room for the window, I'd have to handle this and hide it automatically. You also mentioned wanting the ability to search through the current setlist to select a song. All of these things can be done, but they will take some time and effort. It helps to know that these kinds of features will be useful to others as well, so I'd appreciate it if other users would chime in and say whether these additions would add value for them or not.

Mike
(05-30-2017, 10:00 AM)Zuberman Wrote: This would require a lot of Windows 10 specific changes, and I would have to add code to make sure the layout is dynamic. If you had the app full screen and the setlist window was displayed on one side, and then you resized the window enough that there was no longer room for the window, I'd have to handle this and hide it automatically. You also mentioned wanting the ability to search through the current setlist to select a song.  All of these things can be done, but they will take some time and effort. It helps to know that these kinds of features will be useful to others as well, so I'd appreciate it if other users would chime in and say whether these additions would add value for them or not.

Mike

Hello, Mike. I must chime in here and say that I am concurring with Carlin pretty much point for point, although to clarify...I think the ability to visually maintain a set list but also be able to access a collection (as in when there is a request from outside the set list) would be fantastic...although I'm not sure if that was one of the features that Carlin was requesting. And I, too, would be happy to contribute in some way to defray the costs in time that would be involved. I adore the app, Mike- it has been a found oasis after a long journey of attempts to use software/apps that were not at all giving any decent performance without a lot of jigging and back-door tricks to adapt them.
Bruce
(06-01-2017, 04:53 PM)brucejacobsbassist Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 10:00 AM)Zuberman Wrote: This would require a lot of Windows 10 specific changes, and I would have to add code to make sure the layout is dynamic. If you had the app full screen and the setlist window was displayed on one side, and then you resized the window enough that there was no longer room for the window, I'd have to handle this and hide it automatically. You also mentioned wanting the ability to search through the current setlist to select a song.  All of these things can be done, but they will take some time and effort. It helps to know that these kinds of features will be useful to others as well, so I'd appreciate it if other users would chime in and say whether these additions would add value for them or not.

Mike

Hello, Mike. I must chime in here and say that I am concurring with Carlin pretty much point for point, although to clarify...I think the ability to visually maintain a set list but also be able to access a collection (as in when there is a request from outside the set list) would be fantastic...although I'm not sure if that was one of the features that Carlin was requesting. And I, too, would be happy to contribute in some way to defray the costs in time that would be involved. I adore the app, Mike- it has been a found oasis after a long journey of attempts to use software/apps that were not at all giving any decent performance without a lot of jigging and back-door tricks to adapt them.
Bruce

Thank you Brucejacobsbassist, that is exactly what I'm referring to. I have attached a pdf of an example of what it might look like. User preferences would allow the setlist to be located at the left or right hand of the screen, or omitted entirely. Other than the search bar, it could be greyed out just a bit to keep one's eyes focused on the chart. Selecting "library" in the search field would pause the setlist and search from your whole library of charts, while selecting "setlist" would jump to whatever song you've searched for in the setlist. The songs in the setlist could also be re-ordered on the fly without leaving this screen by pressing and holding a song (like edit mode). The song(s) currently being displayed could be highlighted to help quickly find your spot in the setlist. This would be MUCH faster in a live performance, and would always give you a good idea of the upcoming songs, along with making good use of that additional screen real estate not currently being used on a typical 16:9 laptop screen.

Attached Files
.pdf   Mobilesheets setlist and charts example.pdf (Size: 1.59 MB / Downloads: 5)
I'll add my vote for the ability to have a setlist display alongside the current chart. That would totally justify getting a larger display on either the Android or PC platform.

As always, thanks Mike for creating such a useful program.

Dave
I have to say that I have also wished for the ability to see a list while still having the song on the screen. In my case, my tablet isn't very big, so would it be possible to pick what to display on its screen (Win 10) from my phone?

...Doug
Doug,

In theory you can already do that. Just make sure you have the same library set up on both your PC and your phone, then use the "Connect Devices" feature to sync them up ,and let the phone act as the master. It can then load songs and/or turn pages on your PC if required. To get to the Connect Devices feature, tap the overflow menu (three dots) at the top right corner of the library screen.

Mike