• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of Song stays on page
I disabled "Debounce". For me that works best because I can quickly get to the first or last page of the song by holding down the pedal (maybe because I got used to the billipro pedal before switching to the Ciceda).

Anyway, it seems like now that I disabled debounce, once I get the "end of the song" message (or "start of the song" message), it does not go away (even if I turn the page).

Although the message is nice (as long as it fades away pretty quickly), I would be okay just disabling the message (I pretty much always know if I am on the 1st or last page of the last page fo the song).

[Actually its a bit more nuanced than this. Sometimes it stays on (especially if I don't turn the page). Sometimes even if I turn the page, the message stays. But sometimes it goes away after I turn the page. But something seems not quite right as to the start of page and end of page messages when debounce is disabled]

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff
I will have to test this out, but it's very possible that if you are holding down the pedal that it generates a "End of Song" message a large number of times, which would explain why it appears to stay on. I'll have to think about how I want to handle this.. I will probably just put some code in there to watch the time since the last page turn, and if the time is too short, i won't generate the message (indicating that someone is repeatedly attempting to turn past the end of the song). As a side note, I'm also planning on adding easy ways to get to the start/end of songs and the start/end of setlists.
(07-06-2013, 03:47 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I will have to test this out, but it's very possible that if you are holding down the pedal that it generates a "End of Song" message a large number of times, which would explain why it appears to stay on. I'll have to think about how I want to handle this.. I will probably just put some code in there to watch the time since the last page turn, and if the time is too short, i won't generate the message (indicating that someone is repeatedly attempting to turn past the end of the song). As a side note, I'm also planning on adding easy ways to get to the start/end of songs and the start/end of setlists.

Yes, that makes sense. I Just hold down the pedal without worrying about the time since I know it will stop ant the 1st page (or last page). So, I am probably sending lots of repeat messages that I am on the 1st (or last page). Yep, if you could tweak something so it does not do that, that would be great.

One thought I had would be to allow you set it so that holding the pedal automatically trigger the page link on the page. (I guess if there are multiple page links, it would be the first one).

(I guess the big objective is to get to the most important page turning events via use of a foot pedal,)
Thanks for fixing this. Perfect!