• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature request: finger hold symbol
It would be very handy if there was a Finger Hold Line object available. This symbol consists of a line such as "     l______________     " placed underneath the staff starting at the note to hold finger on to the last note afterward. The vertical component marks the beginning and the horizontal component stretches to the end.

Roger
It would be very handy if there was a Finger Hold Line stamp/symbol available. This symbol consists of a line such as "     l______________     " placed underneath the staff starting a note to hold finger on until a last note afterward. The vertical component marks the beginning and the horizontal component stretches to the last note.

Roger
Please do not post duplicate requests. I merged your requests into one thread and moved this to the appropriate subforum. Just to verify - this tool would only draw horizontally, and the vertical marker would be drawn exactly where the finger is pressed down, correct? There would be no logic or dynamic behavior - it's really just a convenience for drawing a straight line with a small vertical line at the start? I will need to hear from more users as to whether they would get value from this.

Mike
In my opinion a stamp for this cause would not be very helpful because stamps have a fixed size and what you (Roger) are looking for would have to be variable in width.

While I don't really see myself using a finger hold line, I would like to suggest to you (Mike) to provide an option to force the simple line-tool to be drawn strictly horizontal (and perhaps if that is important to users another option to force it to be strictly vertical). I would like this option in some circumstances to draw tidier annotations (e.g. striking something, underlining, drawing my own small staff). It could go next to or beneath the existing options for "Dashed" and "Rounded".
You can accomplish that at the moment by enabling the option to "Snap to grid" in the grid settings, but I do see the value in having a toggle to do this in the shape/line tool settings so that you don't have to toggle the snap to grid option on and off.

Mike
Thanks for pointing that out! I'll try it
(01-11-2024, 06:49 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Please do not post duplicate requests. I merged your requests into one thread and moved this to the appropriate subforum. Just to verify - this tool would only draw horizontally, and the vertical marker would be drawn exactly where the finger is pressed down, correct? There would be no logic or dynamic behavior - it's really just a convenience for drawing a straight line with a small vertical line at the start? I will need to hear from more users as to whether they would get value from this.

Mike
Thank you Mike, my apologies. Yes you understood it correctly. Like said in other post a stamp would have to be stretchable (like a  cresendo) to increase the width, but height remains constant. No logic involved other than select starting point and drag to end point.