• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing the Order of Songs in a Setlist Corrupts the Crop Positions
My Tablet:

Android Version 6.0 (OS SDK v19)
Model: K1001

Running MobileSheetsPro v2.3.8

The tablet is only used for MobileSheetsPro so has plenty of memory free.

Changing the Order of Songs in a Setlist Corrupts the "Crop Positions" in All the Setlist's Songs.

Everything works well until you move a song position in a Setlist.

If you then go into a song in that Setlist and examine the crop positions, the song that shows is NOT the one you selected, it's another song in the Setlist with corrupted crop positions.

However if you scan through to the correct song in the Setlist and correct the crop positions, then ALL the song's crops will get corrupted in the Setlist.

You can't recover from this bug as you can't modify the crop positions manually, it doesn't work!

I have over 650 songs in my library. The backup file size is around 1.2 GBytes.

With so many songs in my library I'm concerned that the backups I create may have these corrupted Setlists.

Sad
Hello Harvey,

I will work on trying to reproduce this issue based upon your description. If I'm unable to reproduce the issue, I may need to come back to you for additional details on how to get the problem to occur. Are you moving the songs in the setlist window or are you editing the setlist and rearranging the songs on the setlist editor screen?

Thanks,
Mike
(10-11-2018, 04:21 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Hello Harvey,

I will work on trying to reproduce this issue based upon your description. If I'm unable to reproduce the issue, I may need to come back to you for additional details on how to get the problem to occur. Are you moving the songs in the setlist window or are you editing the setlist and rearranging the songs on the setlist editor screen?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

There are 2 ways to move songs in a Setlist. Selecting a Setlist and hitting edit. This method brings up the screen where the list of songs is on the left and they can be dragged to other positions. This method DOES NOT corrupt anything!

The other method which does corrupt is by going into a song and tapping the screen centre to get the edit screen where you can create links and bookmarks. 

There is an icon next to the bookmark that looks like 4 exclamation marks sideways. Clicking brings up a small black screen over the music sheet that allows you to select different songs and move them. It's THIS moving that corrupts the crop positions.

I've replicated this problem on an Android V7 mobile by installing MobileSheetsPro and restoring my latest clean backup.

I've tried it on other Setlists and it DOESN't corrupt! So the suggestion is that it's a corruption in ONLY THAT Setlist.

I managed to recover from the corruption by copying the corrupted Setlist songs to a new Setlist. Then using the moving method again DIDN'T corrupt the crop positions.

So my Library database is/was corrupted, but there was a workaround, than goodness.

Harvey