• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Device Sync - Titles are not updated
I want to sync two windows 10 machines and on the client side some song titles are not correct.

When I set the sync type to "update client" and the merging behaviour to "always use data from server", have ticked "sync metadata" and then run the sync, the wrong song titles remain on the clients side. Aren't titles synced at all or what's the problem here?
Song titles must match in order for songs to be considered the same on each device. I'm guessing what is happening is that, in the example you provided, the server is creating new songs with the correct titles, and ignoring the songs on the client with the wrong titles (unless you check "Delete Songs" in which case it would delete the songs with the wrong titles). Does that seem plausible based upon what you are seeing?  I also have code in place where it will look for a matching song based upon database ID and creation date if no matching title is found. This handles the case where the song was renamed. So your song may be correctly merged, but the title won't be fixed in that case.

Mike
Ok. Thanks. Thought it would match by some kind of ID. I will fix this then for me manually.