• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sync Win 10 laptop with Android tablet?
Hello,

I have MobileSheetsPro installed on my Android tablet, and also on my Windows 10 laptop, and want to keep the two libraries in sync.

I've tried to sync the devices over both Bluetooth and WiFi, but although the sync starts, in both cases I get the error message: 
'Received database version 0, but expected 50. MobileSheetsPro must be the same version on each device.'

As far as I know, both versions are up to date - are the two libraries incompatible, and if so, what is the simplest way to keep them in sync?

Many thanks. 

PS I have quite a large library
Hello Mark,

Can you please go to Settings->About in MobileSheets on both devices and let me know what versions are reported? 

Thanks,
Mike
(02-21-2019, 03:34 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Hello Mark,

Can you please go to Settings->About in MobileSheets on both devices and let me know what versions are reported? 

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Win 10: 2.4.9
Android: 2.4.9

My version of Android is quite old (5.1.1), not sure if that is relevant?

Thanks,

Mark
Mark,

Please do me a favor - email C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState\mobilesheets.db to mike@zubersoft.com so I can run some tests to see if I get the same error as you using your database.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

I've just sent that through to you.

However, it's from the Win 10 laptop, and I should say that I had the same error on the Android tablet before I even set up the laptop.

I tried to sync to a clod folder (Dropbox) - the sync started, but then crashed (I think). When I re-ran the sync, it came up with the same database version errors as above...

Is it possible there is a corrupt PDF file that made the sync fall over? Should I send you a file from the tablet? (I'm not sure if the same file exists in Android, or if I can access it.)

Thanks for your help with this.

Mark
Mark,

I put your database on both my Windows 10 machine and my Android tablet. I tried synchronizing in both directions and didn't encounter any problems. Can you try updating to Android version 2.5.2, make that the server, and try connecting the devices again? I don't know if this will fix the issue or not, but I want to rule out something I've already fixed that I'm not accounting for.

As a side note, I used a Samsung Note Pro 12.2" running Android 5.1, so that is definitely not an issue. Can you tell me a little more about the Windows 10 machine you are using? What kind of processor does it use? It would help to know about your Android device as well.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Made those changes/updates, and the two machines are now happily syncing away... Thank you!

Keeping my fingers crossed they get to the end without falling over, but I'll let you know when the sync finishes...

Mark
Completed! And all files synced... Great job, thanks!
That's great news! Thanks for letting me know.

Mike