• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link "next song" bar to next song?
Hi mobilesheets community and master Mike,
I just used MSp Windows in a gig for the first time. It worked quite nice and I did not have considerable problems.  Smile 

I found one little thing though, that I expected to work differently: There is this nice bar at the top in playlist mode showing you which song comes next. I expected to tap on that and actually get to the next song. Maybe you could add this link (and maybe an option to activate/deactivate it to the bars' settings panel)? Or alternatively add a arrow left/right button group for previous/next song to the right end of the bar? What do you think of these ideas?

And yes, I know that I can add next/previous song to the custom touch areas (a really nice and powerful feature) - that's my workaround for the moment and using the playlist is not that slow, too, it's just both not as intuitive, I think.  Wink

Thanks for your replies!
Waldbaer
You might consider it intuitive or not, that's a very common handling nowadays. Almost every ebook reader or mobile phone I know of uses touching the right / left edge of a page or swiping left / right to turn pages forward / backward.
If you prefer touching the left / right end of the next song bar just set touch actions for top left corner / top right corner. I'm sure you will get used to it even if there are no arrows.
=> imho no need for implementing something new, there are many open topics that are more important
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Hi itsme, thanks for your reply!
To be precise: I mean previous/next song, not page. I often have more parts in a song than just my own, so at the end of my part, the next page is not necessarily the next song, but there may be several pages of other parts inbetween, but on stage I'd prefer to jump to the next song immediately, of course.
Left/right hand side for page turning is completely intuitive, but having to setup a custom touch area is not really, if you understand what I mean. BTW Top left/right corners is next/previous annotation group currently, which is important for me, too and shows that the touch areas are always needed. ;-)
Since there is a working workaround I agree that this is not a must-have-yesterday-basic-feature, but I insist that it is an idea worth discussing. :-p
Are you aware that even if there are arrows they might get in conflict with top left / top right touch functions anyway. Imho the concept with configurable tou areas is more flexible than predefined buttons.

Regarding "other parts": I would think about an organization concept that allows getting rid of pages that I don't need on stage. E.g. using  the custom group for parts / instruments / voices whatever. So that you can add only those pages to your personal setlist that you really need. Just ideas. It's up to you and I don't know enough about your situation for better proposals.
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

I'm aware of the potential conflict, that's why I suggested a preference to turn the link(s) on or off. At the moment, the bar has a visual task only and does prevent the touch areas from working anyways, that's why I suggest to add a simple yet useful function to it. Touch areas are flexible and I cannot stress enough how much I like that concept, but it only works as long as you have enough of them for all the functions you want to use - there are already many more functions available then the seven configurable areas. ;-)
"Regarding 'other parts'": You're right, my concept is still developing. I need the other parts in rehearsals though and I mostly get the parts for e.g. all trumpets in one PDF. I'd have to split them and make+maintain different songs - quite much work just to be able to turn pages easier if you do this for nearly every song.
Songs and files are independent in MSP. You can keep several voices in the same PDF and create several songs referring to different pages of the same PDF. No need to split the PDF files.
CSV import might be helpful to do that.
Using a second database for making experiments and keeping the existing data untouched might be helpful.