• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having a problem restoring a back up to a 2nd Android Tablet
I backed up my Pro12 Android tablet to Google drive.  I’m now trying to download the .msb file to another Pro12 tablet I use as a back up.  I’m getting a message indicating the file is unrecognized. I have an SD card in the primary Pro12 but do not have an SD card in my second Pro12.     I also know from check the manual that it tells us:

If you are restoring the backup file on a different tablet, this option is not

recommended, as the SD card may have a different folder structure.

What is the best practice for copying/restoring to the 2nd Pro12?   Do I also need to use a microSD card in the 2nd unit?
(07-24-2019, 01:03 AM)stephenm52 Wrote: I backed up my Pro12 Android tablet to Google drive.  I’m now trying to download the .msb file to another Pro12 tablet I use as a back up.  I’m getting a message indicating the file is unrecognized.

You do not need to download the backup to the new tablet, you can start MSPro on the new tablet and use Settings > Restore to restore directly from the Google drive.

Quote:If you are restoring the backup file on a different tablet, this option is not recommended, as the SD card may have a different folder structure.

This only applies if you select to manage the files yourself. If you select to have MSPro manage your files, you can restory virtually any backup to any device.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Johan, Thank you that worked! Smile