• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using pedal to move music down & go to next page
If using the tablet in landscape mode (for wider and easier-to-read music) is it possible to use the pedal (two pedal model) to both advance the pace down with a pedal press, and then when the pedal is pressed and the music is already all the way down, have it change to the top of the next page of music?
NuVision 13.3" Full HD - 16GB - Android Internet Tablet with Keyboard Case, Stand & Stylus (TM1318) - Purple
The pedal action for "Scroll Down or Turn Page if at Bottom" should accomplish that.

Mike
Whoops.  Another gem that I hadn't seen.

Thanks much!
NuVision 13.3" Full HD - 16GB - Android Internet Tablet with Keyboard Case, Stand & Stylus (TM1318) - Purple
The only other suggestion I would have is to have an option on scroll back that would allow the positioning to go to the bottom of the previous page.

I am a fairly early intermediate piano student and can have passages that start on one page and continue to the top of the next, and am constantly going back and forth over that particular passage.  At the moment I have to "page back" and then scroll down a couple of times.

This is undoubtedly not worth doing because I am probably the only person on the planet who would find this of value.
If you use half page turns in landscape orientation with the single page display mode, then it will go back to the bottom half of the previous page when turning backward. So you could consider trying that out as an alternative. I can also look into having an option for that when half page turns aren't enabled. I'll have to think about what the wording should be for that setting.

Mike
The only reason I go into landscape mode is for the larger horizontal display which can fill the entire screen horizontal area. It seems to me that the horizontal display is constrained by aspect ratio when displaying an entire half page (namely Half Page Turns is enabled), so the displayed page is not as wide.

But, this is not a biggie.  I'm sure you have more interesting stuff to do.

BTW, in case you are interested, I have a rather trivial piano related learning app in the Google Play Store (free),  It is PianoFlashChords, an app to help people learn piano chords.  I initially wrote it just for myself but then some others expressed interest.
That's very cool about the app - great job!

Mike
(02-20-2018, 12:14 AM)RVDowning Wrote: I have passages that start on one page and continue to the top of the next, and am constantly going back and forth over that particular passage.  At the moment I have to "page back" and then scroll down a couple of times.

I never do that. I edit the PDF first to eliminate repeats, copying the music page-by-page and whiting-out irrelevant staves. So I only move forward while playing. During practice, going backwards is easy with a tap on the left edge of the tablet. To avoid pressing the wrong pedal, both of my pedals do PageForward.