• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Populating Metadata from directories issue
Hi, 

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have recently started using the "Populate Metadata from Directories" feature to import files from Dropbox to Mobilesheets on an Asus Zenpad tablet. The format I am using is %COLLECTION%/%GENRE%.

The issue I have is that when I import files the COLLECTION and GENRE metadata directory names are all converted to lower case.

This means that Directory names like "Go Ukulele Crazy" and "Chordpro" import as "go ukulele crazy" and "chordpro".  (File names, however, retain their capitalization !!!)

If a capitalized version already exists (e.g. the default "Christmas" genre) it is completely ignored and a new all lower case genre "christmas" is created and populated with the imported songs (even though the existing genre exactly matches the directory name!).

This is a real issue as I have taken great pains to ensure that all directory names I have used exactly match any existing genre names (genre names loaded with the MoblieSheets install are CAPITALIZED).

MobileSheets treats the imported lower case versions as completely new and different genres, so if songs have already been manually assigned, say, to the "Christmas" genre you end up with  "Christmas" songs split into two "unique" genre groups.

I am having to convert existing Genre names to lower case, to ensure there is no duplication,