• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External USB monitor
Dear all, since yesterday I am using my HP Envy together with an external USB C monitor. I have managed to use both the screens in vertical position to read two pages at time, one on the left and one the right.

To do that one needs to expand completely the app to occupy both the screens at the same time while having a two pages layout, but the process is quite complex (especially maximising the window while the pc is in vertical position, that is done thanks to an other app and the on-screen keyboard) and not at all flexible. For example, when one wants to add symbols on the score the two pages become one, split half on the left screen and half on the right, and one need to put the PC on landscape mode, do the correction and then portrait again, maximise ecc ecc

Is there a way to make the process easier? For example with something similar to the master/slave method used with a Bluetooth device?

Thanks for any suggestion,

Alessandro
I don't think there is currently anything available to help make it easier. One of my goals is to add multi-monitor support so that sheet music can be shown on each monitor (essentially the two page display mode). I'm not sure on the timeline for this though.

Mike
(10-13-2019, 04:31 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I don't think there is currently anything available to help make it easier. One of my goals is to add multi-monitor support so that sheet music can be shown on each monitor (essentially the two page display mode). I'm not sure on the timeline for this though.

Mike
Thank you Mike! I think this would be a great improvement as one would get a double screen reader with very little money. One thing would help immediately would be to have an option to keep the two pages display when annotating the score. Another one to have a button to maximise the window across the two screens. Even if it would still be just workaround, these things would make my life easier while waiting for the multi-monitor support.

Alessandro