• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Record screen moving
Wink 
Hi!

l play ocarina. When practice some new sheet music that need constantly going back and forth over particular passage or switch to different passages, especially during fast speed passages, it’s not possible for me to tap the preset link points or foot the pedal to scroll correctly.

Could it be possible to add a new feature, that can record the actions of screen moving(scroll and jump)?
After we record the operation of tapping link points or footing pedal and the screen moving, the screen can scroll or jump automatically. Thus, we can concentrate on practicing without distracked from additional hand or foot operations.

That would be of great help!

Cheers,
Ambalvlee
Ambalvlee, it sounds to me that you could try to look into the page turning/preparing method a lot of us use:

Instead of problematic link points use the song editing to put in duplicate pages with the repeated content via the page order, crop away the parts you don't need and use vertical scrolling view.

You'll still need to turn the page automatically or manually when you're at the end, but this should be manageable and maybe suffice to get a solution for your problem.
(12-26-2019, 08:35 PM)BRX Wrote: Ambalvlee, it sounds to me that you could try to look into the page turning/preparing method a lot of us use:

Instead of problematic link points use the song editing to put in duplicate pages with the repeated content via the page order, crop away the parts you don't need and use vertical scrolling view.

You'll still need to turn the page automatically or manually when you're at the end, but this should be manageable and maybe suffice to get a solution for your problem.
BRX,THX for reply. l will try the methods you suggested.  l think it will help me a lot Smile . But l still think if there is an record function like l suggested, maybe an alternative choice will help in different  situations. Big Grin
(12-26-2019, 08:35 PM)BRX Wrote: Ambalvlee, it sounds to me that you could try to look into the page turning/preparing method a lot of us use:

BRX,

l think you are right. 

After some copy and paste job, l found it's much more easier than what l thought.

The only thing left is to tune the speed of auto-scrolling.   Like you suggested, that's manageable for me.

Thank you!
Happy to help. But you realize that you don't need "copy and paste", only put the pagenumbers of the pages you want in the in the order  field (e.g. 1-5,5,6-10 if you need a part of page 5 duplicated and crop the superfluous stuff)? Or did you do that?

Well, there's only one thing I'm not completely satisfied with the vertical scrolling. It is sometimes to quick if you change pages which overlap and one (at least I) sometimes lose the focus when it scrolls up.

I've a longstanding request to Mike that he makes the speed of the turning/scrolling configurable. He's busy with so many requests and bugfixes so it's always better to have an effective workaround than to wait for a fix in the code.

But I still hope the configurable speed comes sometimes soon (and I'm blatantly using this thread to remind him) since I suppose it's not such a fundamental change in the code as other requests.
(12-27-2019, 01:57 AM)BRX Wrote: Happy to help. But you realize that you don't need "copy and paste", only put the pagenumbers of the pages you want in the in the order  field (e.g. 1-5,5,6-10 if you need a part of page 5 duplicated and crop the superfluous stuff)? Or did you do that?

Well, there's only one thing I'm not completely satisfied with the vertical scrolling. It is sometimes to quick if you change pages which overlap and one (at least I) sometimes lose the focus when it scrolls up.

I've a longstanding request to Mike that he makes the speed of the turning/scrolling configurable. He's busy with so many requests and bugfixes so it's always better to have an effective workaround than to wait for a fix in the code.

But I still hope the configurable speed comes sometimes soon (and I'm blatantly using this thread to remind him) since I suppose it's not such a fundamental change in the code as other requests.
BRX,

Your suggestion inspired me .

If l only crop the superfluous stuff, every page will contain different amount of music passages.
And the turning/scrolling speed is not configurablel need to manually scroll or turn pages to fit the speed of the music. 

l use landscape display, that shows  only partial of page, so l made some adjustment( to put what l need together at same distance), so the "real stuff" can show at an even speed, that will avoid further manual adjustment. 

If the  turning/scrolling speed is configurable, page by page, that would be great! Big Grin
Just to verify, you are both asking for me to change the current setting (which applies to every page in the song) so that you can set a different scroll speed per page, correct? I've gotten a lot of different kinds of requests around scrolling, so I want to be very clear about what is being asked for. Some users want to be able to dynamically adjust the speed on the fly using a pedal, some users want to be able to program not only scrolling speed but the ability to jump between pages (essentially to follow link points), some users want to be able to have it be like a macro where they can specify actions in a row (scroll 25% of the screen at this speed, wait for 5 seconds, scroll another 20% at a certain speed, etc), some users want a continuous horizontal scrolling where I have to reformat the music into one continuous horizontal line (which breaks the whole paging mechanism), and there are probably several other different kinds of requests I can find if I go back through the list. Some require massive design changes, some just require new database tables and UI components and some (like controlling speed dynamically with a pedal) require mainly code changes (although they are in the automatic scrolling code which I try to avoid modifying as I don't want to mess with functionality users have carefully set up for all their songs). So knowing the exact requirements for what is being asked for will dictate how soon I'll be able to start working on it. As things stand, my priorities are still the annotations redesign and then the iOS version. Then I'm going to start implementing feature requests at a much faster pace than in the past (as I'm going full time next year).

Thanks,
Mike
(12-27-2019, 03:47 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Just to verify, you are both asking for me to change the current setting (which applies to every page in the song) so that you can set a different scroll speed per page, correct? I've gotten a lot of different kinds of requests around scrolling, so I want to be very clear about what is being asked for. Some users want to be able to dynamically adjust the speed on the fly using a pedal, some users want to be able to program not only scrolling speed but the ability to jump between pages (essentially to follow link points), some users want to be able to have it be like a macro where they can specify actions in a row (scroll 25% of the screen at this speed, wait for 5 seconds, scroll another 20% at a certain speed, etc), some users want a continuous horizontal scrolling where I have to reformat the music into one continuous horizontal line (which breaks the whole paging mechanism), and there are probably several other different kinds of requests I can find if I go back through the list. Some require massive design changes, some just require new database tables and UI components and some (like controlling speed dynamically with a pedal) require mainly code changes (although they are in the automatic scrolling code which I try to avoid modifying as I don't want to mess with functionality users have carefully set up for all their songs). So knowing the exact requirements for what is being asked for will dictate how soon I'll be able to start working on it. As things stand, my priorities are still the annotations redesign and then the iOS version. Then I'm going to start implementing feature requests at a much faster pace than in the past (as I'm going full time next year).

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Yes, l’m suggesting a feature that scroll speed can be set by page.

Frankly speaking, current MS Pro satisfy most of the function l need.

l understand the reality that the wish list is very long and fully respect your arrangement about the priority.

l want to thank you, MS Pro makes my outdoor practice easy, l don’t have to stop to catch up papers blowing away by wind anymore, not mention other powerful functions!

Hope my feedback can help.

Thanks,
ambalvlee
Well, what I was asking for is much simpler.

I simply need the vertical scrolling to be slower so I can follow the notes I'm playing with my eyes when I "turn the page" and the next part scrolls upward. So it's more the aequivalent to the page turn animation I guess.
So the speed needn't especially be configurable but slower to acommodate me.

But I see a few more cases where more options to manipulate the scrolling would be useful. I think I've posted them already.

special scroll/turn points similar to a link point but it scrolls only the part from this point to the top of the screen (regardless of the beginning of the next page) if touched or pedal pressed

even more specific and convenient (and only in performance mode with vertical scrolling) the page only scrolls to the top from the point you touch (again regardless of the beginning of the next page).

I think it would be also convenient if you could adjust automatic scrolling (if it's to slow) with a pedal press. I'm thinking of defining a percentage of the page to scroll up with the pedal without breaking the automatic scroll so you can
sync it if needed (also scrolling back with another pedal if needed).

(But all I was asking was to slow the scrolling to avoid the blurring).
BRX - are you using a pedal to turn pages by chance? If so, you could just change the pedal mode to be "Scroll Down or Turn Page if at Bottom", set the scroll amount to be 100% of page, then set the scroll speed to something that works better for you. 

I'll have to see when I can fit in changes to give you both what you need.

Thanks,
Mike
Yeah, this is spam, I think and hasn't to do anything with the discussion here which Yiliaaaa obviously didn't read. Please delete.
I banned that account and removed all posts from it.

Thanks,
Mike