• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Import CSV data
I have created a basic metadata set for the eBook version of Bruce Dix's Parking Lot Pickers book. Neither the Windows 10 nor Android versions of MS Pro can use the file, failing with "Not title column" error. I did find through the forum that the Android version won't recognize commas as field separators so I changed to semi-colons...no joy. Here are the first few records, including the column heading line:

Title;Artists;Albums;Audio files;Pages;Collections;;
Table of Contents;;Dix Bruce Parking Lot Pickers;;2;Songbooks;;
All the Good Times;;Dix Bruce Parking Lot Pickers;1-01 All The Good Times.mp3;10;Songbooks;;
Amazing Grace;;Dix Bruce Parking Lot Pickers;1-02 Amazing Grace.mp3;11;Songbooks;;
Angel Band;;Dix Bruce Parking Lot Pickers;1-03 Angel Band.mp3;12;Songbooks;;

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks,
Joe
All of the fields in the first line should be lower case. The code is not doing a case-insensitive search at the moment. You also don't need the double ;; at the end of each line. Try that and let me know if it fixes the issue. I'll update the code for the next update so that it performs case insensitive comparisons.

Mike
(02-24-2020, 03:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: All of the fields in the first line should be lower case. The code is not doing a case-insensitive search at the moment. You also don't need the double ;; at the end of each line. Try that and let me know if it fixes the issue.

Mike
Thank for the quick response. Changed all the fields in the first line to lower case. Eliminated empty columns; eliminated ;; at end of each line. Read in fine, except for the audio files Here's the top of the new file:

title;albums;audio files;pages;collections
Table of Contents;Dix Bruce Parking Lot Pickers;;2;Songbooks
All the Good Times;Dix Bruce Parking Lot Pickers;1-01 All The Good Times.mp3;10;Songbooks

The audio files are in the same directory as the .pdf; so I didn't put in the complete path. I'll give that a shot. 

Great support!
Joe
Yes, you'll need to list the complete path to the file. Relative paths aren't supported at the moment.

Mike
(02-24-2020, 03:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: All of the fields in the first line should be lower case. The code is not doing a case-insensitive search at the moment. You also don't need the double ;; at the end of each line. Try that and let me know if it fixes the issue. I'll update the code for the next update so that it performs case insensitive comparisons.

Mike
I'm surprised about that. I'm pretty sure that both mixed case keywords worked before, as well as the keywords that are used to specify the "Generate Song List" format. see https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=5213.
That's just from my memory in the moment, I'll have to verify it again.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

You are correct itsme - I force all the words to lower case before performing comparisons. So I'm not sure what the problem was then...

Mike
(02-24-2020, 08:20 PM)itsme Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 03:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: All of the fields in the first line should be lower case. The code is not doing a case-insensitive search at the moment. You also don't need the double ;; at the end of each line. Try that and let me know if it fixes the issue. I'll update the code for the next update so that it performs case insensitive comparisons.

Mike
I'm surprised about that. I'm pretty sure that both mixed case keywords worked before, as well as the keywords that are used to specify the "Generate Song List" format. see https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=5213.
That's just from my memory in the moment, I'll have to verify it again.
Finally got the metadata file to read in for the "Parking Lot Pickers" song titles, page numbers and other text items. The link to the audio files still doesn't work in either the windows 10 version or the Android version, with appropriate complete paths for the audio files. The Android version sample is:

title;albums;audio files;pages;collections
Table of Contents;Dix Bruce Parking Lot Pickers;;2;Songbooks
All the Good Times;Dix Bruce Parking Lot Pickers;/storage/AAS5B-15E8/Music Documents/Dix Bruce Parking Lot Pickers/1-01 All The Good Times.mp3;10;Songbooks
Amazing Grace;Dix Bruce Parking Lot Pickers;/storage/AAS5B-15E8/Music Documents/Dix Bruce Parking Lot Pickers\1-02 Amazing Grace.mp3;11;Songbooks

and the path in the CSV file is the same that shows up in the App  after I have manually linked the audio to the song. Hope this can be worked out. Thanks so much!
The Windows 10 version has limitations due to file permissions. Windows will not let my app access any file that is outside the storage location unless the user has first selected that file. This means that if you are importing a CSV file that is outside your storage location, MobileSheets can't access those audio files. So I would advise importing your csv file from inside the storage location if you need to link audio files.

Android should definitely work though. The second path you listed is incorrect: /storage/AAS5B-15E8/Music Documents/Dix Bruce Parking Lot Pickers\1-02 Amazing Grace.mp3

You have to use all forward slashes on Android.

Mike
I just updated the code to support relative paths and verified audio files linked through the CSV work on both Android and Windows 10. I also updated the Windows 10 version to no longer require the PDF to be selected separately if the CSV is inside the storage location (as MobileSheets will then have permission to access the PDF directly).

Mike
Very helpful. Thank you.
Only relative paths can work on both Android and Win10. Absolute paths can never be identical on both OS'es.
Having to select the PDF separately on Win10 was always a bit annoying. Not a big thing, but great that we got rid of it.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de