• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import using pdf (win 10 desktop pc0
I have music books that are ‘bookmarked, and have in the past used the import, pdf to select one, more or all of the songs. This, as far as I remember, would import and list all the individual songs selected, I would then add the to a new or existing collection.

Now when I follow the above procedure MSP does not list any songs and, although the pc appears to be doing something (light flashing on and off) there is nothing on the screen and the ‘recent’ tab, that I had cleared before starting, has nothing listed 0.

What am I doing wrong, has the programe changed or has it been corrupted.
Please try clicking the X at the far right side of the filter bar to clear all existing filters and let me know if that shows all the songs. It's possible some kind of filter is currently active.

Thanks,
Mike
hi
it did'ent work

i've also tried,
  • renaming the file, putting it in a different folder, putting it in a different drive.
  • importing it from 'dropbox'
  • changing the storage location
  • resetting the settings to default
I'm going to need a list of steps you are taking. Are you using Import->Local File and selecting one or more PDFs? After doing this, does MobileSheets display the Import Settings Dialog? If you tap OK, does it indicate that new songs were created? If it does, and then songs are not shown on the Songs tab, that would be truly bizarre.

If you are instead using Import->CSV File or PDF Bookmarks, is the problem that you aren't seeing the list of songs show up in the dialog? Are you selecting just a PDF or a csv file?

If you go to "About your PC" in Windows 10, what version is currently listed? I've heard from some users on 1903 that there is a problem with Microsoft's file explorer when they go to pick a file after using Import->Local File. This issue was fixed after updating to version 1909. I'm not sure what Microsoft changed in 1903 to cause this issue, but I figured I would mention it. 

The last thing you can consider is uninstalling and reinstalling MobileSheets. Before doing this, make sure you backup your library under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library so you can restore everything after reinstalling.

Thanks,
Mike
procedure i've used
  • opened mobile sheets
  • clicked IMPORT, then PDF BOOKMARKS
  • this brings up 'file select picker' box, select STANDARD FILE PICKER'
  • select file from folder in 'C' drive e.g., 'abba terry1.pdf'
  • this brings up 'select songs to import' box, select 'select All' (all other boxes not 'ticked')
  • press OK, the pc (desktop win 10 home, version 1909) flashes a couple of times, and nothing else happens RECENT stays as (0).
however i can import the files if,
  • after IMPORT i select CSV file
  • this brings up 'file select picker' box, select STANDARD FILE PICKER'
  • select file from folder in 'C' drive e.g., 'abba.csv'
  • select file from folder in 'C' drive e.g., 'abba terry1.pdf'
  • this brings up 'select songs to import' box, select 'select All' (all other boxes not 'ticked')
  • press OK. ALL SONGS ADDED TO LIBRARY and RECENT (19)
note, the 'CSV' file was created from the PDF file.
i only use the ABBA file as an example.

Terry
ps. I have an an ipad pro 12.9" so if you want beta testers add me to your list
Yes, I did break the Import->PDF Bookmarks option in the last update. I have had a bug fix in place for awhile but was hoping to release it as part of the larger annotations rework update. If this is causing issues for you, I can push out an update sooner to address this and worry about the larger update later.

Thanks,
Mike
Ok thanks, now I know there’s a problem to resolve, I’ll just use the ‘CSV’ route for future imports.

Terry