• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Sheets for Recording Engineers
As a recording engineer, I have started to use score readers during recording sessions to make take notes.  I would like to see some rather specialized additions for my process. 

Sessions are generally centered around multiple takes, although takes do not always include all measure.

Here's how I would see using it:

At the start of a particular take, I would start a timer so that I could tap a measure as it went by, circling a problem note as I noticed them.
On the next take, all of the previous annotations would be present and I would start a new timer, tapping measures as they went by and again circling problem notes this time checking off successful corrections.
When reviewing the session, I could view individual take layers and by selecting a time code, be taken to the measure I tapped at that time.

I know this sounds vague, but I would be happy to expand on the details or clarify - as well as receive feedback on the concept.

There would be a shift in this mode from someone following the music while playing to someone studying it against someone else playing it (or a recording.)
(10-10-2020, 10:00 AM)ChrisBoBmms Wrote: As a recording engineer, I have started to use score readers during recording sessions to make take notes.  I would like to see some rather specialized additions for my process. 

Sessions are generally centered around multiple takes, although takes do not always include all measure.

Here's how I would see using it:

At the start of a particular take, I would start a timer so that I could tap a measure as it went by, circling a problem note as I noticed them.
On the next take, all of the previous annotations would be present and I would start a new timer, tapping measures as they went by and again circling problem notes this time checking off successful corrections.
When reviewing the session, I could view individual take layers and by selecting a time code, be taken to the measure I tapped at that time.

I know this sounds vague, but I would be happy to expand on the details or clarify - as well as receive feedback on the concept.

There would be a shift in this mode from someone following the music while playing to someone studying it against someone else playing it (or a recording.)

You did not specify if you would be recording to a click. If not every performer, every take would be in different tempo.
If you use the click then time code can be switched to bar numbers in ProTools.

If you follow the score and circling notes then you have bar numbers.
Before the take say loud number of the take and mark number in your annotations.
Digitally you can layer annotations or use different colours. But imagine take 212:
https://youtu.be/QqwAyUfGhbE