• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing backup files with another user?
A friend has just purchased MSP and installed it on his machine. If I create a backup file for my entire MSP music database (on my machine), can I give this backup file to my friend, effectively giving him all my sheet music? I presume that he would do a 'restore' using my backup file. Correct?
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab
Yes this should work. In the Backup are all scores and the music Files. If your Files are in the original MSP folder then everything should work without Problems. If you stored your Files in a specific folder then it could be that your Friend has to correct the file path.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
(12-31-2020, 07:34 AM)McAroni Wrote: Yes this should work. In the Backup are all scores and the music Files. If your Files are in the original MSP folder then everything should work without Problems. If you stored your Files in a specific folder then it could be that your Friend has to correct the file path.

Thanks for the reply. But I was hoping that someone could tell me if this will, or will not work. Sorry, but I'm nervous with "it should work" answers. My friend has not actually bought his new machine yet. Before spending $$$ on the machine solely for this purpose, he'd like to know for sure. Thanks again.
Anyone?
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab
It will work. I could import the Backup on different machines. You have the Option to synchronize the tablets too
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
(01-01-2021, 06:51 PM)McAroni Wrote: It will work. I could import the Backup on different machines. You have the Option to synchronize the tablets too

Thanks!
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab