• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sending Clock On All Songs
Is there a way to add the midi command to send clock on all the songs in your library? Also is there a way to add a button to all songs in your library?

What I am trying to do is have all my songs send clock by default but then also add a button to each song to stop clock, if that makes sense??
Or could start and stop be added to "Midi Actions" under MIDI settings (my thought here is I could send a midi command from my foot controller to start or stop clock sync....
The rate at which the MIDI clock message is sent is tied to the metronome tempo specified by the song that triggered the sending. That's why the MIDI command is currently only supported in songs and not with MIDI actions. There is no easy way to add a button to all songs in the library, as they all require a position on the page, which may or may not be valid for every song in the library.  Through some database manipulation, you could quickly add that MIDI command to every song in your library, but adding a button to stop would require a much more complex database query. You'd also have to be comfortable with performing SQL queries through a tool like SQLite Studio.

In theory, I could probably support triggering the timing clock from a MIDI action so long as a song is currently loaded and visible, otherwise the action would be ignored.

Mike
(04-27-2021, 04:36 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: The rate at which the MIDI clock message is sent is tied to the metronome tempo specified by the song that triggered the sending. That's why the MIDI command is currently only supported in songs and not with MIDI actions. There is no easy way to add a button to all songs in the library, as they all require a position on the page, which may or may not be valid for every song in the library.  Through some database manipulation, you could quickly add that MIDI command to every song in your library, but adding a button to stop would require a much more complex database query. You'd also have to be comfortable with performing SQL queries through a tool like SQLite Studio.

In theory, I could probably support triggering the timing clock from a MIDI action so long as a song is currently loaded and visible, otherwise the action would be ignored.

Mike

Hi Mike, I would like to add the Midi command to start the midi clock to my library of 3,000 songs. You mentioned that this could easily be done with some database manipulation - can you provide steps on how to do this? Thank you.
Edit the database using SQLite program and update the MIDI table by inserting an entry for every song in the entire library. The fields for the command you are adding will be identical for every song in the library, but each query will have to include the correct song ID in the SongId field in the MIDI table. The CommandType field will need to be set to 13. You can set all the other values to 0, but make sure SendOnLoad is set to 1. You'll probably want to run some kind of script where you can iterate over every song ID in your library to add the MIDI command for that song.

Mike