• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control 2 Keyboards?
Question 
I've been using MSP with my Genos to select the registration bank for each song when it displays the score pdf. They function together beautifully.

I've now added a second keyboard - a Korg Pa300 - which I'd hoped to control in tandem from MSP the same way. To this end I connected a 4 port USB Hub to my Win 10 tablet. One port is connected to the Genos Host and another port to the Korg Host. With MSP Midi Settings, Midi Device Type of Genos, the MSP - Genos function is fine. The Korg is of course ignored. In Midi Device Type I can see Generic, Korg and Genos as three choices but can only select one of them - not the two I need.

Is it possible in any way to have MSP action both keyboards when a song is chosen?

Tony
Hello Tony,

You are the first user to bring up that issue, as I don't think any other user has mentioned connecting both a KORG and Genos keyboard at the same time. That definitely presents a problem. To support that, I'll need to change the "MIDI Device Type" setting to "MIDI Device Types" and make it something where you can click each of the keyboards that you need support for. In the meantime, you have only one option, which isn't great: Swap out the KORG number commands for individual MIDI commands (a KORG number command isn't a real MIDI command, it's actually made up of several different commands). You'll need to change each KORG Number to:

Control Change: 99, 2
Control Change: 98, 64
Control Change: 6, KORG Number / 100
Control Change: 38, KORG Number % 100

So if the number you had assigned to your song is 1050, you'd use 6, 10 and 38, 50 for those last two messages. If you do that, technically everything will work fine, at least as far as I can see. If you'd rather wait for an update to address this, I can understand that.

Mike
If you want to use the Korg PA300 as a Lower Keyboard or as a Controller keyboard with the Genos you can plug the Korg into the Genos via USB.
You will need a USB MIDI Host Box to do the connection. It acts like a computer between the two keyboards.
I use a USB MIDI Host with my Genos and have a Casio CDP-S110 Digital Piano as a Lower Keyboard.

Andy
I realized that I could just add another MIDI device type entry that is KORG + Genos, so I've added that for version 3.4.2 which I'm releasing tonight. So you'll have an option for this shortly.

Mike
Mike,

Thank you so much. I shall look forward to trying out the new version when it's released. What an unexpected response.

Andy,

Thanks for your suggestion but I'll wait for Mikes new version.

Tony
(02-06-2022, 08:01 PM)TonyL09 Wrote: Mike,

Thank you so much. I shall look forward to trying out the new version when it's released. What an unexpected response.

Andy,

Thanks for your suggestion but I'll wait for Mikes new version.

Tony

That's why Mobilesheets/Mike are the best!