• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scroll changes not saving in Win10...MSP 3.4.5
Hope someone can help me here.  Been scouring the forums and no luck.
I have MSP 3.4.5 installed on a tablet with Win10.  This is a random problem...most of my songs(mid and mp3) require a different scrolling time.
When I edit the scroll time in a song and click OK, sometimes it saves it and sometimes it doesn't.  If I shut down MSP and restart I may be good for 20 songs or so and then the problem returns.
This is not always successful either.  Any thoughts, please....thank you in advance.
A couple of questions for you - first, I assume you are using the "Scroll Entire Song in Fixed Time" scroll behavior and then entering a time in below that, correct? When you say sometimes it saves and sometimes it doesn't does that mean you can modify the time and you don't see it reflected on the dialog? Or does it always show up correctly on the dialog, but if you click OK on the dialog then bring up the scroll settings again, it reverts? Or are you saying the time is reflected correctly on the dialog, but the scroll duration isn't changing for you? 

Thanks,
Mike
(02-23-2022, 07:19 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: A couple of questions for you - first, I assume you are using the "Scroll Entire Song in Fixed Time" scroll behavior and then entering a time in below that, correct? When you say sometimes it saves and sometimes it doesn't does that mean you can modify the time and you don't see it reflected on the dialog? Or does it always show up correctly on the dialog, but if you click OK on the dialog then bring up the scroll settings again, it reverts? Or are you saying the time is reflected correctly on the dialog, but the scroll duration isn't changing for you? 

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks for the reply Mike.
1:  I use "Scroll Continuously to End"...
2:  All the changes are reflected correctly.
3:  When the scroll doesn't start, if I bring up the Quick Action Box, if the Down Arrow is not Red, I know the scrolling will not begin.  If I click on the arrow and it becomes red, then the programmed time will start.

Hope this makes sense...if it's red it works - if it's white it doesn't.
Thanks
I'm a little confused - your first post indicated that there was a problem with the way in which the settings are saved, but your latest description indicates that the problem is you don't know whether the scrolling is active or not. So are you saying the problem is that you change settings, activate scrolling, but the scrolling doesn't use the newest settings, or are you saying that the scrolling just sometimes doesn't trigger after you've started it? If it's the latter, many things can stop the automatic scrolling. If you bring up the song overlay for any reason, for example, that cancels the automatic scrolling. How are you triggering the automatic scrolling - a touch action, pedal action, the quick action box or through the overlay?

Thanks,
Mike