• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotation Editing Problem within MS using a Windows HP Laptop
I've been creating leadsheets using the annotation feature within MSP, on my HP 360 laptop/tablet, and saving these files in my dropbox folder as PDF files.   The previous day I rearranged the folders within Dropbox where I save my back files for these leadsheets.  I just now attempted to load and edit one of my leadsheets, and I'm unable to touch my PC screen to gain access to the MSP song editor.  I've tried to look in settings to see if by mistake I might have disabled annotation editing.  I can't find anything to explain why I can't get the annotation editor is display and allow editing of my leadsheets.  I can open MSP, and it displays the songs/leadsheets within my imported database, and I can select and pull up a song/leadsheet (PDF).  When I attempt to display the annotation editor by touching my touchscreen within the middle area of a song, it shifts to the next song.  The only way I can return to the song listing is hit my ESC key.  Previously I was able simply touch my screen, and the annotation menu would pop-up.  Hopefully this is something simple.  I'm in a time crunch for gig.  Please assist.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
After reading a few other posts within this forum, I RESET MY SETTINGS TO THE DEFAULT SETTINGS, AND I'M GOOD TO GO NOW.
Sounds like you had turned presentation mode on

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Geoff is correct - it sounds like you had performance mode enabled. To disable performance mode, tap the lock icon in the floating toolbar at the bottom right corner of the library screen. This same toggle can be accessed by tapping the bottom right corner of the screen while a song is loaded to display the quick action box. If performance mode was enabled, that would prevent you from accessing the song overlay. As a side note, if performance mode is on, you'll see a notification pop up when you first load the app letting you know this.

Mike
Mike

Could a "quite small" area at the centre of the screen be set to display a "performance mode enabled" message? - I'm sure most people tend to tap the left or right edges when they want to change to a different page (but I could be wrong!)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Also, could a hover/reveal be placed on the ICONs at the bottom of the screen to ID what these ICONs do.  I can never remember what each button does.

Thanks for the headup on the PRESENTATION MODE.

Thx, in advance
@swilkes

Just noticed that you appear to be using your email as your username

This is generally not recommended on bulletin boards but it leaves you vulnerable to spam.
Suggest you change it to swilkes or swilkes9 (they are free); I've no idea how you do this other than perhaps creating a new name (but that would still leave your old name/email address in the members list)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I've fixed the username as I agree with what you said Geoff. I do know that tooltips are needed for Windows devices, although it doesn't really help with tablets as you can't hover with a finger.

Mike
(03-17-2022, 08:32 AM)swilkes9 Wrote: I've been creating leadsheets using the annotation feature within MSP, on my HP 360 laptop/tablet, and saving these files in my dropbox folder as PDF files.   The previous day I rearranged the folders within Dropbox where I save my back files for these leadsheets.  I just now attempted to load and edit one of my leadsheets, and I'm unable to touch my PC screen to gain access to the MSP song editor.  I've tried to look in settings to see if by mistake I might have disabled annotation editing.  I can't find anything to explain why I can't get the annotation editor is display and allow editing of my leadsheets.  I can open MSP, and it displays the songs/leadsheets within my imported database, and I can select and pull up a song/leadsheet (PDF).  When I attempt to display the annotation editor by touching my touchscreen within the middle area of a song, it shifts to the next song.  The only way I can return to the song listing is hit my ESC key.  Previously I was able simply touch my screen, and the annotation menu would pop-up.  Hopefully this is something simple.  I'm in a time crunch for gig.  Please assist.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

I have another annotation issue.  I have added an annotation to my leadsheets created in MS.  This annotation is numeric, as follows:  46-1, I also highlight it with color.  This is representing my guitar patch number that I use with a specific song.  The trouble I'm experiencing is after I have saved the leadsheet in MS.  I proceed to backup the leadsheet file via the file export to Dropbox feature.  After this is completed, I check the saved backup file in Dropbox and discovered that the "one" within the annotation has been elliminated from the file.  ????  The original file within MS is not changed.  A work around I use for backup is to Print the file to an ADOBE PDF file.  It is unchanged from the original, and is fine.  Any ideas?  Example attached.  Thanks, Steve

Attached Files
.pdf   RETURN TO SENDER.pdf (Size: 366.41 KB / Downloads: 6)
I think you need Mike to answer this one.

Assuming it is some sort of cropping issue, what happens if you add another character to the annotation e.g. Does "46-11" show as "46-1"? What about "46-1 " ?

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
If you can long press the song, tap Share->Export as .msf and send that to mike@zubersoft.com, I can take a look at it. Without knowing additional details, I can't say for certain what the problem is, but please try something for me: add an extra space or two at the end of the text annotation and export it again and let me know if that has any impact on the text disappearing. I just want to know if the text annotation is being truncated for some reason.

Thanks,
Mike
(04-06-2022, 07:38 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you can long press the song, tap Share->Export as .msf and send that to mike@zubersoft.com, I can take a look at it. Without knowing additional details, I can't say for certain what the problem is, but please try something for me: add an extra space or two at the end of the text annotation and export it again and let me know if that has any impact on the text disappearing. I just want to know if the text annotation is being truncated for some reason.

Thanks,
Mike

When I added a space and a "1" to the end of my patch annotation, the backup save to pdf worked.  When I went back and deleted the "1" only, it failed again, just like the first time.  I sent Mike a .msf file of this song.

Steve
I continue to experiment with my patch annotation issue:

I added a space just before the 1, in my patch ID:  47-1,   =>   47- 1, and it saved to the backup file using the share to dropbox, PDF file.

Steve
I've made some adjustments and now the file exports as expected. The fix will be included with version 3.4.9 when that is released.

Mike
Thanks Mike,

Steve