• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth Connection Takes Long Time To Establsih
I use two WIN10 tablets. Connecting them via Bluetooth (book mode) always takes a long time, even though the two tablets are right next to each other on the music stand, use the same database and the same MS version.
It often takes more than 20 attempts before a connection is established. With WiFi it takes seconds, but unfortunately I don't have WiFi available everywhere.
Is this connection time normal, or are there any settings to speed it up?
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
I'm relying on Microsoft's framework to initialize the connection between the two devices and I just respond when it either tells me the devices are connected or if they failed to connect. So I don't really have any insight as to why you are seeing so many issues with the connection. I don't think it's normal for it take 20 attempts to make a connection though. I've tested connecting my Surface Pro 4 to my Android tablet and it usually just takes a few seconds to get everything connected. I can try to run some tests with connecting my laptop to my tablet to see if it works any differently.

UPDATE:
It took about 30 seconds to pair my surface pro 4 to my laptop, then I went into MobileSheets, set up the Surface Pro 4 as the leader, connected to it from the laptop and it took a few seconds for this and then worked just fine. I then closed MobileSheets, restarted it on both devices, ran the test again, and once again, it just took a few seconds to connect the devices and get everything configured. I could then load songs and turn pages without issue.

Mike
Thank you for your tests.
I then examined the Windows installation. There seems to be a problem with the Bluetooth driver, although the drivers are all up to date. Despite this, the BT connection between the two tablets is broken after a few seconds. It works perfectly with all other Bluetooth connections (keyboard, pen). Strange, but so far not a mobilesheets-problem! Thank You.
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0