• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom2 Sync problem
Just recently (sometime in the past couple of days) the database Sync process does not appear to be uploading recently updated songs' "Custom2" content.  And yet in the past this sync has worked fine (I have 371 of 3351 Songs that have Custom2 Values filled in the the Sync'ed database.  Has anyone experienced this problem?

Update...I checked the mobilesheets.db from my tablet to the one on my "sync'd" location and the Custom2 updates were not uploaded to the mobilesheets.db in that location. I tried adding a new sone and then re-sync'ing the mobilesheets database and the added song appears in the "sync'd" database without the Custom2 data filled in.
I responded to your email, but I'll also respond here:

I just ran a simple test where I did the following:

1) Set up a small library on my Android tablet. I synchronized this to a OneDrive folder
2) I synchronized my Windows device to the OneDrive folder
3) I modified one of the songs on my Android tablet and changed the Custom2 field. I then synchronized those changes to OneDrive
4) I synchronized the Windows device to the OneDrive folder and it correctly grabbed the updates to the song and I could see the Custom2 field was updated correctly

So my simple test seems to work. I will need more information about your setup. Can you either take a screenshot of the sync screen so I can see the settings you've selected or list them all for me? It's really important to perform one-way synchronizations in order to get reliable results, meaning you make changes on one device, use a one-way sync where you update the cloud folder, then on the other device, you use a one-way sync where you update the device. The merge behavior should be automatically set to the correct value when you use these settings (i.e. on the first device, it will always use data from the device, while on the second device, it will always use data from the folder). If you are using a two-way sync, it may be using the last modified timestamp for songs and that may not be reliable especially if a Windows device is being used because a user made me aware of an issue where the first time a song is loaded, it will modify the last modified timestamp incorrectly.

Mike
(03-28-2022, 04:13 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I responded to your email, but I'll also respond here:

I just ran a simple test where I did the following:

1) Set up a small library on my Android tablet. I synchronized this to a OneDrive folder
2) I synchronized my Windows device to the OneDrive folder
3) I modified one of the songs on my Android tablet and changed the Custom2 field. I then synchronized those changes to OneDrive
4) I synchronized the Windows device to the OneDrive folder and it correctly grabbed the updates to the song and I could see the Custom2 field was updated correctly

So my simple test seems to work. I will need more information about your setup. Can you either take a screenshot of the sync screen so I can see the settings you've selected or list them all for me? It's really important to perform one-way synchronizations in order to get reliable results, meaning you make changes on one device, use a one-way sync where you update the cloud folder, then on the other device, you use a one-way sync where you update the device. The merge behavior should be automatically set to the correct value when you use these settings (i.e. on the first device, it will always use data from the device, while on the second device, it will always use data from the folder). If you are using a two-way sync, it may be using the last modified timestamp for songs and that may not be reliable especially if a Windows device is being used because a user made me aware of an issue where the first time a song is loaded, it will modify the last modified timestamp incorrectly.

Mike
I have emailed you my results, Mike, and the realization that I had inadvertently de-selected the "sync metadata box.

When I do select it, the custom2 column syncs properly.  Again, I apologize for wasting you time.