• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When importing set list, add option to use existing song
I am so impressed and excited to use this app! I love having music ready to go on my tablet.

I have one request and I hope I haven't missed how to do this -
I've searched the forums and guide and haven't found a way.

When importing a set list and a song already exists in my library, the dialog "Duplicate Song Title Found" is displayed.  The options are to create new song or update existing song.  I would like an additional option to use existing song. I need this so that my annotations are preserved.

My use case is weekly gigs for which I receive a set list from another user. Often we reuse songs and I'd like to use my same annotations from prior weeks.

Thank you for considering!

Lisa
Adding that as an option makes sense - I will certainly look into adding support for that. For now, if this is a common problem, you could consider exporting the setlist as a .mss (Share->Export song list), and if there are any new songs that need to be created beforehand, export those as a .msf. You could then import the .msf first, then the .mss second, and this would create a setlist using your existing songs.

Mike
(04-13-2022, 02:28 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Adding that as an option makes sense - I will certainly look into adding support for that. For now, if this is a common problem, you could consider exporting the setlist as a .mss (Share->Export song list), and if there are any new songs that need to be created beforehand, export those as a .msf. You could then import the .msf first, then the .mss second, and this would create a setlist using your existing songs.

Mike

Hi, Do you have an idea of how soon you might be able to add this feature? We have multiple members of our choir that are trying this out and are running into the same thing.
Thank you!!
Lisa