• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 3.8.14 of MobileSheets has been released
(09-07-2023, 08:19 PM)BRX Wrote: The new library window is very nice, especially if one puts it on the 3 O'Clock configurable button of the quickbox. 

Nice. I have not even noticed.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
I made sure users can use the quick action box or touch/pedal/midi actions to trigger the window, which is a little faster than going through the song overlay. I do plan on expanding the functionality of the quick action box so that users can add more icons and configure them as needed. Long pressing most of the icons will display the UI associated with that feature (the audio player, scroll settings, etc), so that can't be used to assign a different action. I'll need to use a separate UI to configure the quick action box in order to change which icons are displayed in each position.

I'm really happy to see the positive feedback though - I'll be continuing to add small enhancements to the library window now that it is in place.

Mike
Quote:Long pressing most of the icons will display the UI associated with that feature (the audio player, scroll settings, etc), so that can't be used to assign a different action. I'll need to use a separate UI to configure the quick action box in order to change which icons are displayed in each position

What about long-pressing the lock button in the middle to enter an edit mode for all icons?
That's would definitely work - thanks for the suggestion. I think I'd like to add support for having icons in each quadrant (so in the corners), along with an option to have it be 4x4 or 5x5. I think what I would probably do is support long pressing the performance mode icon as a shortcut to configure it, along with a dedicated option under the touch settings (as some people may not realize they can long press).

Mike
I like how the minimize arrow works to change the window to an icon. I did not initially get how to quickly show/hide the window. Very clever.
A few ideas  that may be nice...

1. If the library window could be automatically minimized after a song is loaded.  
2. When the window is restored it forgets its scrolled position. (if I was on "K" it reverts to songs starting with "A")
3. If there was a way to pull the window to load a requested song while in the middle of a setlist, and keep place in the set list, to keep going after playing a request, would be fantastic. (Get a song request. Play it. Continue with the Setlist) Maybe by using the back arrow. 
4. A search filter would be very useful.

Anyhow, Great work Mike!
@jonk

There is a search field at the bottom of the window - I assume it is just looking at any matching text in any field.

Having said that, it didn't work properly when I first used it (the first character worked and then subsequent characters didn't find any matches).
I did start a new post to say this but I deleted it because, when I experimented so that I could describe what I was experiencing, it all seemed to work properly!

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Hi Mike

I really like the new library window. It is a simple and quick method for changing scores. On my e-ink device (Max Lumi) I have a minor glitch. The library window always open first at standard location with standard size (at top left) before it almost immediately (within milliseconds) changes to my personal last position. Can someone reproduce this? On my Windows version I do not see this problem, but I have no other Android device to test.

Daniel
(09-15-2023, 09:04 PM)daniel Wrote: On my Windows version I do not see this problem, but I have no other Android device to test.

I checked again. The flickering also occurs on Windows. The library window is draw on top left before it shows up at the correct position and in correct size.
I'll add a fix for that with version 3.8.15 or 3.9.0 (depending on whether the next update contains all of the new planned functionality).

Thanks,
Mike
(09-06-2023, 03:04 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: ersion 3.8.14 of MobileSheets is now available for Android and iPadOS, and the Windows update is pending approval from Microsoft. This update contains a few important fixes and the addition of a new library window that can be used to change songs or setlists without having to return to the library screen. The library window is movable, resizable, collapsable and respects the night mode setting. I'm looking forward to hearing feedback on this new feature. The full list of changes can be found below:

Common Changes
  • Added new library window that can be displayed while viewing a song or setlist. This provides a way to quickly switch songs or setlists without needing to return to the library screen.
  • The new library window can be accessed through the menu at the bottom left corner of the song overlay, a touch action, pedal action, midi action or the quick action box
  • Added optimizations when importing CSVs containing audio file paths
  • Fixed bug where link points and smart buttons could be duplicated when changing the page order of a song
  • Fixed issue where the page could be scrolled off the screen in some scenarios
  • Fixed issue where the annotation text tool would sometimes not correctly reflect the current size of the annotation being edited
  • The scroll settings dialog will now use the song duration by default when selecting the behavior to scroll the entire song in a fixed duration of time
  • Added additional code to make MobileSheets more resilient to connection errors while synchronizing to Google Drive
  • Fixed issue with shared OneDrive folders where the "Shared with Me" parent folder would not be shown correctly in some situations
  • Fixed issue where toggling performance mode could cause the audio player to be displayed
Android v3.8.14
  • Fixed issue where the next up title bar would be triggered to go to the next song when swiping down from the top of the screen
  • The last used color filter should now correctly be selected when taking pictures with the camera feature
  • Added new icon to control whether pictures are automatically captured when the page border is detected when using the camera feature
Windows v3.8.14
  • Removed code that would attempt to restore the state of previous sessions as it was unreliable
iPadOS v3.8.14
  • Removed minimum window size restrictions that caused crashes on some MacOS devices
  • Fixed out of memory crash that would occur when exporting large documents
  • Fixed issue with displaying legacy stamps from older libraries
  • Fixed bug with long pressing favorites in the command bar

I am currently working on a lot of new features for version 3.9.0 as highlighted at the bottom of this post: https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...10293.html. If no significant issues are reported, I will try to hold off on any more updates until I'm able to roll out all of the new features at once.

Mike