• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user, a bit confused
Windows 10, desktop, Yamaha PSR S900

I bought MS Pro thinking I could use it to open PDFs from my S900 keyboard registrations, and also to trigger a registration when selecting a PDF/song in MS Pro.
Will it do this?

I cannot select PSR S900 in the Settings>Devices, there are only SX and Genos, and Korg options. What should I go for?

Thanks
Does the PSR S900 support the same linking functionality as the Genos and SX keyboards? If so, just select the Genos/SX600/700/900 option for the MIDI Device Type, and then you should be able to go to the MIDI tab in the song editor for a song and tap the link icon to link to the active registration. Otherwise if it does not have the linking functionality, you will need to set up the MIDI messages manually to trigger the loading of the registrations. You will have to determine if this will be done through Patch Select messages or system exclusive messages.

Mike
PSR S900 is an older technology keyboard. It is not compatible with he Genos/PSR SX type communication.

It may be possible to configure it to trigger MobileSheets into loading a sheet by pressing a reg file button on the PSR S900. But it is a bit cumbersome and involves using dummy midi files on the keyboard to perform the trick.
Not sure if it can load a reg file by loading a sheet in Mobilesheets though.

Rudy
(04-27-2022, 03:28 PM)Rey_a Wrote: PSR S900 is an older technology keyboard. It is not compatible with he Genos/PSR SX type communication.

It may be possible to configure it to trigger MobileSheets into loading a sheet by pressing a reg file button on the PSR S900. But it is a bit cumbersome and involves using dummy midi files on the keyboard to perform the trick.
Not sure if it can load a reg file by loading a sheet in Mobilesheets though.

Rudy

Thanks Rudy, after playing with it for a while I was getting worried that was the case  Sad
I've already got a program to open a PDF by pressing registrations, I was hoping MSPro would give me both that and the reverse.
(04-27-2022, 08:53 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Does the PSR S900 support the same linking functionality as the Genos and SX keyboards? If so, just select the Genos/SX600/700/900 option for the MIDI Device Type, and then you should be able to go to the MIDI tab in the song editor for a song and tap the link icon to link to the active registration. Otherwise if it does not have the linking functionality, you will need to set up the MIDI messages manually to trigger the loading of the registrations. You will have to determine if this will be done through Patch Select messages or system exclusive messages.

Mike

Thanks, I'll persevere a bit more, though a step by step would be nice.
I already have a program that will trigger PDFs from registrations, I was really looking forward to the reverse