• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth pedal stopped working
Hi, after the latest update my Bluetooth pedal has stopped working. I've reset all the settings and while it recognises the buttons being pressed in the setup it doesn't perform the assigned action (start/stop autoscrolling). Any help gratefully received as I need to use this for a performance this Sunday!
(05-11-2022, 11:01 PM)spflmf Wrote: Hi, after the latest update my Bluetooth pedal has stopped working. I've reset all the settings and while it recognises the buttons being pressed in the setup it doesn't perform the assigned action (start/stop autoscrolling). Any help gratefully received as I need to use this for a performance this Sunday!

After some further testing I've found that when the pedal send DPAD_UP/DPAD_DOWN, which is what I was using, then it doesn't work. Changed the pedal to send SPACE/ENTER, space did as expected, enter didn't work. Changed pedal to send PAGE_UP/PAGE_DOWN and they both work so panic is over, obviously still something not quite right but as least i'm back in action.

Phew!
This may have something to do with the AirTurn Direct Mode changes I implemented, so I will look into this to see what needs to be adjusted. I'm glad you found a workaround.

Mike
Actually, my Donner pedal stopped working as well after updating this morning to 3.5.2 my Max Lumi.   I use pgup/pgdown

However I also tested the pedal and it works fine on my Galaxy phone with MSP updated to 3.5.2 and the same configuration  and also with other apps ...
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
I'm almost done with the changes - it should fall back to the old behavior when no pedal is connected through AirTurn Direct Mode, so this should resolve whatever issues people are facing.

Mike
Thumbs Up 
Thanks Mike 3.5.3 has fixed the problems, my pedal is now working with all the available options.  Smile

Absolutely superb support ! If only all app support teams were as responsive as you are.
Hi Mike,

The pedal works now after the last fix.
However, I'm getting now a strange entry in my Bluetooth settings, a repeating "Apple pencil" that keeps adding entries every 3-4 seconds ...   I don't have ANY Apple devices in my house.
These weren't there before the pedal problem appeared ...

Donner BT pedal
That's incredibly strange.... I'm not sure I can explain that as the changes I made shouldn't be able to affect the bluetooth settings in the OS...

Mike
(05-12-2022, 08:24 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That's incredibly strange.... I'm not sure I can explain that as the changes I made shouldn't be able to affect the bluetooth settings in the OS...

Mike

Weird indeed ... no idea where this mystery device is and why it repeats forever  Huh
Donner BT pedal
Something in a neighbour's house?
Then again, it has to be within 30 foot and less if obstacles in the way.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(05-12-2022, 08:57 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: Something in a neighbour's house?
Then again, it has to be within 30 foot and less if obstacles in the way.

Geoff

I thought about it but no one is around. It's ok, doesn't affect MSP normal operation.  Just curious ...
Donner BT pedal
Maybe an after market device that is id'ed as an apple pencil?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(05-11-2022, 11:01 PM)spflmf Wrote: Hi, after the latest update my Bluetooth pedal has stopped working. I've reset all the settings and while it recognises the buttons being pressed in the setup it doesn't perform the assigned action (start/stop autoscrolling). Any help gratefully received as I need to use this for a performance this Sunday!

Hi, I got the same problem, but the solution you sugest did'not work. Or I did the wrong settings. Any sugestions?????
Hi Mike, thanks for 3.5.3 version. i had the same problems with the pedal.
Is the problem fixed now, or are you still encountering issues?

Mike