• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stop and start scrolling with foot pedal
I am trying to persaude my foot pedal to stop or start scrolling. I have scrolling set to scroll continuously but when I press the pedal it skips forward (or backwards).  not the action I was wanting.  Please help
I'm going to need some additional information in order to help you:

1) What pedal keys do you set on the pedal actions screen and what actions are they assigned to? You mentioned start or stop scrolling, but I just want to verify one of the pedal actions is set to "Start or stop automatic scrolling".

2) What type of pedal are you using and what mode is it currently set to? This mainly applies to AirTurn pedals where the different modes send different keys. 

3) If you go to Settings->About, what version of MobileSheets are you currently running? I want to verify that you have the latest update which is version 3.5.3.

Mike
Do you have 'select display mode' set to 'vertical scroll'? Select display is the 4th from the bottom left in edit mode.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Am I asking for the impossible? Sheet music with sections that are repeated would be easy to cope with if the foot switch could simply stop or start the scrolling.   If it is possible please tell me how. Thank you.
Please do not create separate threads for the same issue. I have merged your latest thread into this one. Please respond to the questions above.

Mike
(05-19-2022, 03:02 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm going to need some additional information in order to help you:

1) What pedal keys do you set on the pedal actions screen and what actions are they assigned to? You mentioned start or stop scrolling, but I just want to verify one of the pedal actions is set to "Start or stop automatic scrolling".

2) What type of pedal are you using and what mode is it currently set to? This mainly applies to AirTurn pedals where the different modes send different keys. 

3) If you go to Settings->About, what version of MobileSheets are you currently running? I want to verify that you have the latest update which is version 3.5.3.

Mike

1) pedal set for "start or stop automatic scrolling
2)Pedal is Cuvave cube wireless page turner
3) version of mobile sheets is 3.5.0
nb
1) I note that in the manual there is a bit that says default setting of page turning can "be replaced and expanded by down loading the mobile APP" 
2) I have tried and failed to find this app or find any way to contact technical services

with regard to e-mail , I can confirm that.as you guessed no key showed up.
(05-19-2022, 03:06 AM)Skip Wrote: Do you have 'select display mode' set to 'vertical scroll'? Select display is the 4th from the bottom left in edit mode.
it is set for veritcal scroling and does sc.roll
Unfortunately, the Cuvave pedal does not seem to function like most other bluetooth pedals. Most bluetooth pedals work like a computer keyboard - you press the pedal, and it's the same thing as pressing the "page down" key on a computer keyboard. For this reason, MobileSheets just monitors key press notifications and doesn't actually communicate with the pedal directly at all. In fact, if you plug in a computer keyboard, you will see that you can drive the pedal actions using it. The Cube Turner pedal does not function like this though and seems to do some truly bizarre things. If you load a song and press the right pedal, it may turn the page - some users have reported that (although one said it worked differently in landscape orientation vs portrait). The other pedal will not work though, and you also cannot assign pedal keys in the pedal actions screen. The fact that it turns the page does not mean it's actually working correctly - it seems to be generating touch events on the screen or doing something strange like that in order to cause the page to turn.

If you are unable to contact Cuvave for support, I would recommend returning the pedal and switching to one of the better brands like PageFlip or AirTurn. Almost every user that has tried the Cuvave pedal and contacted me has eventually returned the pedal and switched to another brand. 

Mike
For anyone having Cube Turner issues, check out my solution below to configure it to send keyboard commands instead of swipes:
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...-9307.html