• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedal turning multiple pages at once
I am reading Mobilesheets Pro on a Chromebook that has a touch screen and can double as a tablet.  I am using a PageFlip Butterfly pedal.  

Up until a few days ago, the pedal was working fine with the app on Chrome OS, but now if I hit the pedal once, it will turn the pages up to eight times one after another.  Manually turning the pages by touching the screen works fine.  I tried reinstalling the app, testing the app on my phone (Google Pixel 3XL) and it worked fine on there, I tried .  I even tried factory resetting my Chromebook and recovering it, but the problem is still occurring.  Even after updating the OS, the pedal is still turning multiple pages.  

Any ideas as to what's going on?  Thanks!
I am using MobileSheets Pro on a Chromebook that has a touch screen and doubles as a tablet with a PageFlip Butterfly pedal.  It has been working fine for the past year or so, but in the last week when I hit the pedal once, it flips multiple pages one after another, the number of pages flipped in inconsistent.

I tried changing the batteries in my pedal, reinstalling the app, installing in on my phone (Google Pixel 3XL, and it worked fine on there), I even tried restoring my Chromebook and recovering it, but none of those solutions worked (even after updating Chrome OS).

Any ideas as to what is going on?  Thanks!
If you go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, what is the pedal debounce currently set to? If you set it to something like a second, even multiple triggers of the pedal in a short time span shouldn't result in multiple page turns. If it still does even with the debounce set higher, let me know, as then it would indicate something very bizarre is going on. If it's a ChromeOS issue (which it certainly seems like something might be going on with the bluetooth connection), you could try switching to the beta channel on the device and see if that makes any difference.

Mike
(09-28-2021, 05:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, what is the pedal debounce currently set to? If you set it to something like a second, even multiple triggers of the pedal in a short time span shouldn't result in multiple page turns. If it still does even with the debounce set higher, let me know, as then it would indicate something very bizarre is going on. If it's a ChromeOS issue (which it certainly seems like something might be going on with the bluetooth connection), you could try switching to the beta channel on the device and see if that makes any difference.

Mike

Thank you for your response. Changing the debounce settings did not stop the multiple pages from flipping, but I will now try the beta channel option.

Riley
(09-28-2021, 05:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, what is the pedal debounce currently set to? If you set it to something like a second, even multiple triggers of the pedal in a short time span shouldn't result in multiple page turns. If it still does even with the debounce set higher, let me know, as then it would indicate something very bizarre is going on. If it's a ChromeOS issue (which it certainly seems like something might be going on with the bluetooth connection), you could try switching to the beta channel on the device and see if that makes any difference.

Mike

Thank you for your response. Changing the debounce settings did not stop the multiple pages from flipping, and changing the mode to beta didn't work.  I'm thinking it might be an issue with the bluetooth connection.

Riley
(11-16-2021, 01:47 PM)rilez95 Wrote:

Mike

Thank you for your response. Changing the debounce settings did not stop the multiple pages from flipping, and changing the mode to beta didn't work.  I'm thinking it might be an issue with the bluetooth connection.

Riley

I am having the same problem. Hopefully you have discovered a fix. If not, I have found "Prevent Pedal from Changing Songs" at least minimizes the damage. 80% of the songs I have are only 2 page songs, and changing by hand from one song to the next is not bad. I'd still like a solution to help with the 3+ page songs. Setting the debounce to 2 seconds, did make it stay on the page for 2 seconds rather than flipping instantly multiple pages, but appears it is still queueing up the multiple page turns.

Jason
I use an Acer Spin Chromebook with Butterfly page turn pedal.  It will work fine for a while, but then start turning multiple pages at once -- several per second.  Debounce is set to 2 sec.  and I have tried limiting the pedal behavior to next/previous with no success.  I see others are having this problem.   Zubersoft suggests using "beta" mode -- what is this and how do I activate it?
Check out this link: https://support.google.com/chromebook/an...6915?hl=en

That explains how to switch to the beta channel of ChromeOS.

Mike