• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shape tool presets
Lightbulb 
It would be useful to have the possibility to save "Presets" here. A sheet may require different shapes (rectangle, circle, color fill, no color, different colors, border or no border, etc.) to notate/mark different parts, pages, staves, etc.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's kind of the point of the favorites feature. You can set up whichever properties for the shape tool you want, then save that as a favorite, and then with a single tap, you can access those settings. Is there a reason you aren't utilizing the favorites feature?

Mike
Thanks Mike! Well, "Favorites" is an excellent tool, although I thought to a "Save" function inside each tool, to have a better categorized "Preset" access. "Favorite" can allow to access some of them that are used very often, but adding there all kind of tools can be a bit confusing (in my opinion and working style).
I can certainly consider adding presets to each tool, but it really is redundant in terms of what it is effectively doing, as it function the exact same way as the favorites. The only different is obviously the organization/presentation. If it would help to have an option to limit the favorites to only tools of a certain kind, you could then quickly switch it between pen favorites, shape favorites, text favorites, etc. Alternatively, I could have a presets dropdown for each tool that is just displaying you favorites you already created for that tool. Having seperate presets from favorites is where I'm unsure of the benefit, as that would truly be duplicating functional in multiple places with no connection between them. Favorites are much faster to access than having dropdowns for each separate tool, so I need to understand the benefit there.

Thanks,
Mike
Sure Mike, I understand your hesitation... Another option can be to have a way to organize Favorites under categories, I mean: when you save an instrument setting in the "Favorites", the category it belongs to is automatically created, so to have different sections for different instruments (I hope I was clear).
Absolutely - that's what I was thinking as well. The only question is how the separate categories should be handled in terms of the UI. Should there be a toggle/dropdown to switch categories? Or should I sort the favorites by tool type and try to find some way of clearly separating them in the grid? A toggle/dropdown that just switches what category is active would be the simplist (and it could be set up kind of like the filters on the library screen where you can select one or more categories, or all categories), but it would be more cumbersome when wanting to quickly switch between categories. I'm open to ideas for how best to handle this.

Mike
There is another problem in the Favorites: 
if a same tool is modified, e.g.
FROM "square shape with red color border and NO fill color"
TO "square shape with red color border and WITH fill color"
it seems that them cannot be saved separately has two different Favorites.

Can you confirm this issue?
(08-02-2022, 06:09 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: The only question is how the separate categories should be handled in terms of the UI. 

Mike

I think the easiest solution for you here is the best, I think a dropdown menu would work. For users, I guess, the most important thing is to have a way to categorize them to get straight to the needed tool/preset. Also, a dropdown menu will help to keep the UI consistent and compact, without having the Favorites window enlarging in size when adding more and more favorites....
(08-02-2022, 06:50 PM)maestralien Wrote: There is another problem in the Favorites: 
if a same tool is modified, e.g.
FROM "square shape with red color border and NO fill color"
TO "square shape with red color border and WITH fill color"
it seems that them cannot be saved separately has two different Favorites.

Can you confirm this issue?

Hi Mike, do we have a solution here?
Looks to be a bug - I can get that fixed. You can save them as separate favorites, but the fill color is not currently being saved in the favorite, and the fill color is not being applied when the favorite is selected.

Mike