• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Displaying the sorting name
Hello, 

There is this nice field where you can add a sorting name for a song (I don't know what it's called in English, in German it's "Sortiername"). I find it quite helpful so that I can fill out the correct name, composer and title but still have a name where I can find my songs faster. The problem is that I haven't found a way to display that field. So now the list is sorted the right way but the name is not displayed. Is this my fault or is this not possible with this app? 

I hope I explained myself clearly. 

Thx
Lydia
Can you provide an example of the fields you have and how you want it displayed?

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Lydia,

The whole point of the custom sorting title is that it is not displayed, but allows the song to be sorted based on that name. If you want to have the song sorted based on that name and you want it displayed, why would you not just set the song title to that value instead? Having said that, if you really want to use that field, go to Settings->Library Settings->Song Title Formatting, tap the Title format, tap the button at the bottom right with three dots (...), and then tap "Sort Title". That should display the custom sort title next to any other fields you've included.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your answer, that was exactly what I was looking for. Since you asked why I wanted to do it: I am a fan of correctly labelled things so I need to name my music right ( e.g. Quartet No. 5). Since I'm playing quite a lot of quartets I thought about some other name to find it faster. Having now the knowledge of altering the display format I can also find other solutions so thank you again.
My title format string:
%TITLE% %KEYS:- ${VALUE}% %SORT_TITLE:<${VALUE}>%%CUSTOM_GROUPS:(${VALUE})%
I use CUSTOM_GROUPS as "ALternative Title"
The format string displays the sort title in < > and the alternative title in ( )
The ${VALUE} syntax omits the hyphen and the brackets in case the respective fields are empty.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de