• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Splitting up the database?
I have a lot of stuff in mobilesheets, ranging from text file lead sheets, to complete music books in PDF format, and I am contemplating scanning in a whole lot more old sheet music and books.

I was wondering if I should split up the music files somehow (other than by using collections inside mobilesheets itself)?  

What will happen if the database gets too big?  Will I experience performance issues?  

Is there an actual limit to what mobilesheets can handle?
You really shouldn't see any performance issues with a larger library. There are no limits and some users have libraries with tens of thousands of songs. The only thing you will notice is that MobileSheets will take longer to start up as it caches information from the database. Also, if you perform any actions that impact the entire library (such as adding every song in the library to a single setlist), those actions will take longer. 

Mike
(09-29-2022, 03:46 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: You really shouldn't see any performance issues with a larger library. There are no limits and some users have libraries with tens of thousands of songs. The only thing you will notice is that MobileSheets will take longer to start up as it caches information from the database. Also, if you perform any actions that impact the entire library (such as adding every song in the library to a single setlist), those actions will take longer. 

Mike

Thanks for that Mike.   Good news.  I won't worry about it for now then.
I can confirm that the number of songs and the size of the library is not a problem at all.
I use several libraries. My "active" library that I use on stage, for sessions and rehearsals contains around 1000 songs. To look at my huge collection of fakebooks I have a second "achive" library containing 30 books with more than 15000 songs that can be handled by MSP flawlessly. Only switching between libraries takes a while (several seconds) - even on my old and slow hardware.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de