• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing comments with setlist export
Hi,

I use Mobilesheet on a tablet and export some gig setlists to my phone for safety in case the tablet crashes.

I have a setlist with comments that appears when opening certain tracks.
I export to both msf and mss.
When I import on the phone I find everything except the comments.
I can't find how to make these comments, which are important to me, also be exported.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
If you are talking about the setlist and/or song notes, those definitely should be packaged in a .msf file. Please check something for me - load the setlist, change to one of the songs that has notes, tap the center of the screen to bring up the song overlay, tap the notes icon, then see if any notes are listed for either the song or setlist. Also check whether the toggle is on to display the notes when the song is loaded. Hopefully we can figure out what is going on quickly.

Mike
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.
These are not lyrics but notes that are displayed for me above the score and on which I have to click to access the score.

This allows me, for example, to indicate "Direct Start" or "Drum Solo" when I arrive on the song.
To configure it I use the small icon at the top left (after clicking in the center of the score), between the back arrow and the brush.
Is that what you're talking about?
Yes, that is what I am referring to. When you load a song individually, you can specify one set of notes, and if you load the song as part of a setlist, you can specify a different set of notes (and you can have different setlist notes for that song in every setlist it is a part of). If a song is loaded that has just song notes and no setlist notes, then it will display the song notes. 

Tap the notes icon at the top left of the overlay and verify that the option is enabled to show the notes when the song is loaded.

Mike
Yes, that's exactly how I use notes as I explained in my last post. I have a different rating for half of the tracks in the setlist and I need it to show as soon as I get to the track, so above.
For all my notes, the option is therefore checked.

But that's for the tablet because on the phone, after import I have no notes and so even if I check nothing will be displayed....
I just ran the following test:

1) Loaded a song and added notes to it
2) Exported that song as a .msf
3) Deleted the song
4) Imported the .msf file
5) Loaded the song and verified the notes are what I entered

This all seems to work for me. If it's not working for you, I will need to steps to understand how to reproduce the problem. It would also help to know what version of MobileSheets you are running. I may need to get a copy of the .msf file you generated as well.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks Mike for your answer and test.

To start, I did the same test as you.
.msf export of a local file, deletion of the file, import, all on the same tablet.
Everything is ok too.

Then I did the export to Google Drive and the import to the phone where I had never had this file.
There too everything is ok.
So we both have the same positive result.

As my problem occurs with a Setlist, I created a Setlist in which I put the same file.
Export setlist .msf -> Delete (Setlist + file) -> Import .msf -> ok

Then I have the same via Google Drive and import on the phone.
There too I have my notes when I open the file.

So all these tests work, which a priori excludes version or support problems.

So I decided to redo the initial manipulation, the one that didn't work from scratch.
1. Export of my setlist with the audios on Google Drive
2. Import to phone (after deleting everything)

And there I have no notes!

To make it easier to send you, I redid an export by unchecking the audio files.
I tested the same way with the latter, still no notes.

So I can send you this .msf file which is 5mb. Tell me how to send it to you.
I'm just afraid that there are no notes in it and that we are not more advanced...
I opened the .msf with vi, the notes are into it !

So on my tablet, I rename my setlist and import the .msf : I have the notes

The problem seems be only on the phone.

The version 3.6.2 is the same on tablet and phone.

I suggest you import my file on a Android phone...
If you want to email the file to mike@zubersoft.com, I can take a look at it. I'll also run more tests with setlists to see if I can reproduce what you are seeing.

Thanks,
Mike
I have tracked down the issue and have a fix in place. The fix will be included with version 3.6.4.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,
Thanks for solve the problem and this good news !