• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field entry selector overflows
Hi Mike,

I think I saw this 'bug' somewhere in the list of issues fixed for the iPad. I recognized it from the android version (Tab s3)

Screenshot attached (from phone, but it's the same idea)

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The popup list is built into the framework with Android, so it's not something I have direct control over (the behavior at least). Are you not able to scroll the values in the popup that appears? It doesn't seem to be flowing off the screen in your screenshot - it seems like it's just aligned with the top of the screen. Correct me if that isn't true.

Mike
Dear Mike,

I can scroll through the list, yes.
The problem is, my setlists are usually named "yyyy-mm-dd location hh:mm" (in the sample screenshot only "yyyy location"
It's hard to tell which playlist I'm selecting if the name only shows the first few characters.
Horizontal scrolling doesn't work by the way (if that's what you were referring to).
I think you are just facing the limitation of a screen that small. The auto-complete list just doesn't have anywhere to fit on the screen. Tapping the dropdown arrow will use the full dialog which might work better in that case. You could also rotate to landscape orientation to get more width.

Mike
(12-09-2022, 06:43 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I think you are just facing the limitation of a screen that small. The auto-complete list just doesn't have anywhere to fit on the screen. Tapping the dropdown arrow will use the full dialog which might work better in that case. You could also rotate to landscape orientation to get more width.

Mike

Oh....
I can't believe I've never noticed the dropdown arrow..
That's brilliant, thanks!