• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Microsoft Word
I was thinking of using this App to page turn my music files. I do have a question. This would apply to Android devices and my Windows 11 Lap Top. The question is that most of my music is in Microsoft Word files. Can I use the MobileSheets App to select a file from Word to use with my Page turner foot pedal? I only have the free Adobe App and hence can not modify these files. Thanks for any help.
MS doesn't handle Word files - you would need to use Word to open each file and write it to a "pdf printer" - I use Cutepdf but others are available  (including "Microsoft Print To PDF" that I believe is standard on a Win 10+ system)
Doing this, converts the word document into a pdf which you can then import into MS.

If you do this, test on one or two files first to check it is what you want.
Having established the method, convert a large number of files into a new, dedicated folder. Having created the pdf's, perform a block import to get them into MS (faster than doing one at a time). 
Should you need to do it in chunks, empty the dedicated folder after you have imported a chunk of files; you can then import everything that gets subsequently created in the folder.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(12-12-2022, 06:03 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: MS doesn't handle Word files - you would need to use Word to open each file and write it to a "pdf printer" - I use Cutepdf but others are available  (including "Microsoft Print To PDF" that I believe is standard on a Win 10+ system)
Doing this, converts the word document into a pdf which you can then import into MS.

If you do this, test on one or two files first to check it is what you want.
Having established the method, convert a large number of files into a new, dedicated folder. Having created the pdf's, perform a block import to get them into MS (faster than doing one at a time). 
Should you need to do it in chunks, empty the dedicated folder after you have imported a chunk of files; you can then import everything that gets subsequently created in the folder.

Geoff

Thanks for that. I didn't realise that I can just convert my Word document to a PDF format file easily in Word and then just use the PDF file. I have already converted about 10 word files and Imported them into MS. just waiting for my footswitch tomorrow.
At some point I'm going to upgrade the PDF library I'm using, and the more expensive version of the library supports rendering Microsoft Word files. I need to test this to see how well it works, but if the quality is acceptable, then I'm going to add support for adding Word files directly to MobileSheets.

Mike
(12-12-2022, 06:42 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: At some point I'm going to upgrade the PDF library I'm using, and the more expensive version of the library supports rendering Microsoft Word files. I need to test this to see how well it works, but if the quality is acceptable, then I'm going to add support for adding Word files directly to MobileSheets.

Mike

Great. Will you post if you are successful.How much is the upgrade.
I'm using the RadaeePDF library, which you can view on their page: https://www.radaeepdf.com/

The Master SDK is the one that supports rendering Microsoft Word files. The price is listed per application, which means I need one license for Windows, Android (the free/trial version counts as another license as well), and iOS. I also have to pay for special licenses to sell the app myself through my FastSpring store, so there are several licenses involved there with the normal version of MobileSheets as well as the e-ink version. So it's not an insignificant amount of money for the upgrade, and it's an annual fee for the special licenses.

I will post once I've tested out the Master SDK and have made a decision about moving forward with the upgrade.

Mike