• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pen markup not sticky
Using my Samsung S7 FE and marking up a ChordPro file, the "ink" doesn't anchor to the area marked when switching from landscape to portrait nor when zooming in/out.

Is there a setting that allows anchoring of ink to the page itself, mark up started at [D]<lyrics>, anchor there?  Or with text-based files would it be too difficult to manage without rendering it as a graphics image?

Thanks
There is no setting to allow anchoring an annotation to words in the chord pro file. I have discussed this in previous posts, but it becomes incredibly complicated to try to do that, and if the user edits the files and the word disappears, things start getting messy real fast as to where the annotation should be placed. There also just isn't any code in place right now to handle annotations that way. I certainly can consider expanding the functionality to support this in the future, but it will involve a lot of changes both to the code and the database to allow each annotation to be positioned relative to a word in the chord pro file. 

Mike
(12-13-2022, 04:34 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: There is no setting to allow anchoring an annotation to words in the chord pro file. I have discussed this in previous posts, but it becomes incredibly complicated to try to do that, and if the user edits the files and the word disappears, things start getting messy real fast as to where the annotation should be placed. There also just isn't any code in place right now to handle annotations that way. I certainly can consider expanding the functionality to support this in the future, but it will involve a lot of changes both to the code and the database to allow each annotation to be positioned relative to a word in the chord pro file. 

Mike

Understood.  Thanks for the quick response, Mike!