• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulling Song Titles from PDF Metadata?
Is it possible to pull the song titles from the PDF metadata (i.e., when importing PDF files that consist of one song per file).

I'm a new user of MobileSheets, and before starting to import my music files, I wrote a batch script to parse the filenames (e.g., to pull the song title "Jersey Bounce" from a filename like"043-Jersey Bounce - Tenor1.pdf") and added them (along with other information) to the PDF metadata.

I figured this would make it easy for MobileSheets to find the titles when doing a batch import, but I couldn't figure out a way to make MobileSheets use the PDF metadata when importing the files. Am I missing something? Is there an easy way (or any way) to get MobileSheets to pull information from the PDF metadata?
This has certainly come up before (https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...-8020.html) so it's absolutely on my list of things to do. Now that the iOS version is released, I can start working off many of the feature requests on the backlog. I know this doesn't help you in the short term, but it will be added in the near future.

Mike
(12-20-2022, 03:47 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: This has certainly come up before (https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...-8020.html) so it's absolutely on my list of things to do. Now that the iOS version is released, I can start working off many of the feature requests on the backlog. I know this doesn't help you in the short term, but it will be added in the near future.

Mike

Sorry, I must have missed that thread. Thanks for the incredibly prompt reply!

Is there some other way to do batch updating of the metadata (e.g., via a CSV file, or some hidden API perhaps)?
You'd have to run SQL queries against the database file (mobilesheets.db). It's a SQLite database. Let me know if you want more information about this. Other than that, I do also plan on adding support for updating metadata through CSV, as I know that's been asked for as well. 

Mike
(12-20-2022, 04:51 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: You'd have to run SQL queries against the database file (mobilesheets.db). It's a SQLite database. Let me know if you want more information about this. Other than that, I do also plan on adding support for updating metadata through CSV, as I know that's been asked for as well. 

Mike

Sure, thanks, that sounds doable. I would be interested in more information.

Melchi
Are you using the Android or Windows version? On Android, the database file is under /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files by default. On Windows, it's under C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState if you purchased the Microsoft Store version. Open the database file up using a SQLite editor like SQL Studio (which is free). Take a look at all the database fields and familiarize yourself with them. It's not too complicated in terms of the metadata for things like artists, albums. I can provide more information once you've studied it a bit.

Mike
are you talking about this: https://sqlitestudio.pl/ ?
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Yes, that is the program that I personally use as it seems to work well.
(12-20-2022, 06:33 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Are you using the Android or Windows version? On Android, the database file is under /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files by default. On Windows, it's under C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState if you purchased the Microsoft Store version. Open the database file up using a SQLite editor like SQL Studio (which is free). Take a look at all the database fields and familiarize yourself with them. It's not too complicated in terms of the metadata for things like artists, albums. I can provide more information once you've studied it a bit.

Mike

Thanks, i'll give it a shot. I'm using the Android (e-ink version).